Tali - Mass effect

Temperance

Gosh, I feel so bad. I went to the RPF Dragon con meet-up this year and when I was chatting with people I discovered I had really become a lurker on this forum. T_T I guess I tend to make stuff, but then neglect to post anything.

So! I'm trying to change that. I'll start with my Tali build from this year.

The neck part was easy. I used from vegtable tanned leather. I cut the pieces, soaked then in the sink until supple, then wrapped them around a mannequin until they dried. Once dried I sprayed them gold with some Meltonian Nu-life spray.

_DSC0585s.jpg_DSC0587s.jpg

The helmet was a bit more work. I found a pepakura file and modded it for foam. I assembled the helmet and covered it in Bondo. Then sand, bondo, sand, repeat until I had a nice smooth base.
helmetwip.jpg_DSC0586s.jpgCxBIij6UAAAtD1N.jpg
I cast the base in silicone and slush cast a resin copy. The visor was dremmeled out and I vacuum formed a clear copy with some PETG .04. The visor was dyed with idye poly.
C3ns6n3UMAAuFyF.jpgC53CvzOU0AAkszf.jpgC537DssUwAAG34y.jpgCyScdCbUUAATs9f.jpgDAYKkH6UwAApmgj.jpg
Also taped some LEDs to my glasses to see if I could get Tali's glowing eye effect BD
C4kqBhFVMAA1mRh.jpgC4kqBhLUYAAzVpp.jpg

Attachments

• C_QyLrrVwAEFF8J.jpg
    C_QyLrrVwAEFF8J.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 239
Once the helmet was done I moved on to the greaves. I made the base of the greaves out of foam, then covered them with worbla. For neatness and some comfort, I lined the inside with felt. I added hinge so the greaves could be opened and closed around my leg. I removed the pin from the inner hinge and used a (real high tech!) paperclip so the hinge could be locked in place.
Cw3QkZLUQAACZov.jpgCxlTmntUkAAUqWF.jpg
The unitard was patterned by hand with my trusty unitard pattern base, then the various sections were cut puzzled together before sewing. The hex and quarian swirls were printed from Spoonflower.
taliuni.jpg
All the straps and buckles were made with real leather. I also had the luckiest find of some bracelet hooks from Tandy leather which were a super close match to the buckles on Tali's garment straps.
Cx0U9gsVEAAUe6A.jpgCyy4VeYUsAEkF8_.jpg
I used a mix of duct tape and paper to draft a pattern for the vest and hood, then attached all the leather bits and do-dads to the vest. The round circle thingies were cast from resin. I used the bottom of a SOLO plastic cup as a base (since it was the general shape and size I wanted, and used a small rasp to carve out the inner circles.
DEFJjf9UMAAlWNT.jpg

Feet were built over a pair of slip-on shoes. I used upholstery foam to shape out the toes and covered them in fabric. The armor bits were made with worbla covered sheet foam and glued in place.
DEKxVsmUAAA2M6V.jpg

Sorry, no WIP photos of the belt, gloves or bicep pieces T_T
But I did make a few guns.
One was for me (Predator) and the Shrukien and M77 were made for some friends who were short on time for our cosplay deadline ^_^;;
All three were made from EVA foam.
mepredatorprop.jpgDHsdR6MUwAAVQsL.jpgDFIpmLAUAAAArb-.jpg_DSC0918.JPG

Some final photos:
taliin.jpgtaliout.jpgtalihelm.jpgtalihelmgun.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back