Hot Toys TFA Vader helmet replica

Any price or availability date? I wonder how much this is going to set people back

Is it me, or does it look too flat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the model has been modified for easier mass production. Looks a little flatter and some areas that had deep details have been filled up.

Anyone guess at the price? My buddy located hot toys and side show stuff (if they are the same thing, I always get confused)

He’s interested in this helmet since he couldn’t get edi’s. When edi’s showed up at my door he flew over to my house to examine it. Ever since he’s seen it he’s wanted one badly

So he’s excited over this helmet being released. We were talking and I was figuring 200 bucks. He thinks a lot more, in the 500 dollar price tag range

He figures that comparing prices to all the other statues, figures he bought from them

Is this the first “prop” hot toys has released?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I thought this news was already out: Hot Toys has the license for Star Wars props for the overseas market. This is the first prop they will be producing but they will be coming out with all new lightsabers; helmets; and other Star Wars props from all of the films. Seriously I thought this was old news. Sorry would have posted it earlier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BTW: The rumored and I really stress rumored price is going to be........$3,500.00. That is all I know for now.

e2d2af33cf91f8e3f3c916c03b0055f0.jpg

Prop Shop was $5000

yeah, also take in shipping and custom fee's it close if not over 6000

this hot toys one looks off to me, my theory was we were going to see this helmet again. and that they made a new version of it, that is why this helmet looks so different. but i was wrong about that

I do not believe Hot Toys had access to the actual 3D scans from the Prop Shop or access to the archives to take measurements themselves. I believe they sculpted this on their own and that is why it looks somewhat off in details. But again these are only rumors.

I just noticed something funny. The Melted Vader helmet looks distorted similar to Snoke. Wouldn’t it had been funny if Snoke was actually Darth Vader coming back for revenge against Luke for burning him alive. I think Robot Chicken or The Family Guy did a parody of Vader being burned alive in a sketch. LOL.

Yikes. Even the Prop Den's price was outrageous. I'm sorry a melted Vader should not cost thousands of dollars. You can buy a life size Yoda from SSC for $2,500...

me either, my friend is going to grab one of these if they ever come out. he collects all sorts of side show life sizes, once i showed him this he went nuts

The original design of this prop missed the mark for me. I like the idea of it, but when I look at the final result I just don't like it. It looks like 50 pounds of chewed bubblegum.

And then they price it like it's made out of gold. I'm left scratching my head.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back