STARGATE Origins

Looks like the 20's or so. I thought they found it in the 20's and couldn't make it work until Daniel Jackson did it in the 90's/00's?

Seems to be a small webseries made to promote the "Stargate Command" streaming service.

The show looks kinda fun i suppose, a small nod to the original movie. Not much of a draw for the service with a 10 minute runtime per episode.

Ahh what i would not give for a new show in that universe, it could have been fun as a Indiana Jones type adventure prequal.

I WANT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stargate, Nazis and a Kubelwagen

In the TV series Dr Littlefield was sent through the gate after the US Army manually dialed the gate in 1945.

And is this going to tie in to Stargate Continuum?

Wow, I knew they were making this to retcon and erase all of the previous Stargate series, but could they have at least given them a budget? That looks like one of the saddest productions I've ever seen.

I just noticed that they used the Stargate design from the original movie.

Could they be gearing up for info on the new Roland Emmerich movie that is being worked on?

Really weird that they would use the old movie gate to promote a streaming service that only has the SG-1 universe series on it.

I don't get it. Is this a movie? A TV show? A webshow? An exclusive "pay for our service to watch this show" show?
It looks kinda cool, but what is it?

I don't get it. Is this a movie? A TV show? A webshow? An exclusive "pay for our service to watch this show" show?
It looks kinda cool, but what is it?

It's a web series but I'm not entirely certain if it's free or it requires a subscription. The site itself is supposed to be an MGM/Stargate streaming site but they sort of make it sound like that subscribing gives you early access to this series, but that could just be me reading it wrong and it might be only viewable if you pay. Regardless, even though I'm a Stargate fan I'm not paying for just one show nor am I willing to pay to just watch one show early.

It's supposed to be the reason people will pay for Stargate Command, which will also allow them to watch the rest of the shows online. I'm pretty sure that this is the end result of Emmerich wanting to make a new trilogy of movies to scrap the universe built by the other shows, but after his sequel to Independence Day tanked, all they would give him is this incredibly short web series. With what looks like a shoestring budget. Serves him right. I'm currently not planning to watch it, I'll wait to see what people think of it once it's out.

From the SDCC Stargate panel on U-tube, MGM stated that it was going to conform with the series.

Is it because of the movie gate that everyone is worried that cannon will be tossed out?

I know that we have seen ridiculous decisions recently, ie Superman CGI upper lip.???!!!!
But to have a streaming service for all things Stargate and then dirt on 98% of the franchise would be so counter-productive that it borders on willful negligence.

I really don't care, I own all of Stargate. Why would I pay for a streaming service for something I already own?

For 100 minutes of a new show, hundreds of hours of additional making of and behinds the scene content and the supposed ability to blog with the creative staff and have input into future productions and the course of the story.

And if you have faith in the last bit I have a bridge for sale just look for it in the junkyard.
But yeah, I want to complete my Stargate DVD collection pay for an online service that probably won't work the instant that I leave North America and have a different IP address.

Even if the paying audience can influence the story, I don't really want to see a show by committee.

:facepalm
Stupid crap that ignores or oblivious to canon - PASS.

Unfortunetely, yes.

They got it working briefly in 1945 as already mentioned ;)

So...uh...did they dial it by accident in '45? In the movie, they couldn't dial it at all....they couldn't figure out the 7th chevron. That, is pretty dumb in itself as there's only 20ish symbols on there. So, not sure how you get the first 6, but get stumped on 7. So, somehow they figured it out in '45 but simply forgot up until daniel figured it out in the 90s?? Makes zero sense. Especially when you consider they just had to dial 20ish different seventh symbols to complete it.

I think that's the continuity issue.

For 100 minutes of a new show, hundreds of hours of additional making of and behinds the scene content and the supposed ability to blog with the creative staff and have input into future productions and the course of the story.

And if you have faith in the last bit I have a bridge for sale just look for it in the junkyard.
But yeah, I want to complete my Stargate DVD collection pay for an online service that probably won't work the instant that I leave North America and have a different IP address.

Even if the paying audience can influence the story, I don't really want to see a show by committee.

Pass. As I said, own all of SG-1, all of Atlantis, didn't care about Universe, even though I have copies I could watch if I ever wanted to. Have multiple versions of the original movie. Have tons of behind the scenes stuff already, really don't need more. Don't care about the new "series" really because I have no interest in most things Roland Emmerich does. The route SG-1 went is far, far superior to the original movie. And I have no interest in "influencing" new products. I am a consumer, nor a producer. I have no interest in providing my input for free, or worse, to pay them for my own work.

Still waiting for a reason to pay them one red cent. Doubt I'll ever find it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back