My Blade Runner Blaster Build an Epic journey!

DaveChaos

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ok so here is it guys, I'm starting from Zero and I'm in the UK so I have the laws of the land against me! Today I acquired a Steyr Mannlicher, .222 Bolt Action Rifle. I say acquired, I paid for one as I dont have a licence so I'm technically not allowed to actually have it in my possession so its with an RFD registered dealer, this is where things get super complicated.

As I cant own a working rifle, I can only do one of two things. First one is to have it deactivated, which would involve having its internal workings welded and parts removed etc.. effectively destroying it, Not a nice option.
Option two is to become a temporary agent with the dealer so that I can legally handle parts. This is the best option but it does mean I can only make some casts then the rifle will go on to pastures new with a new owner.

So the journey starts...

23674849_10155964570386934_6137519883715737877_o.jpgWIN_20171120_09_15_08_Pro.jpgCapture.PNG

DISCLAIMER: This is being done perfectly legally and above board, as I dont have a licence it is NOT in my possession and IS with a RFD registered dealer.

Last edited:
Re: My PDK Build an Epic journey!

Ya... Posting on a public forum that you broke the law is a bad idea. I recommend you delete this thread for now, get your license, then repost.

Or just start a new thread right now bragging about your license.

Or just don't mention it. ;)

Are you going down the road of getting it deactivated then chopped? That’s a fair route but you’re gonna break the RFD’s heart! Me thinks keeping the Bulldog intact enough is going to be tough (let alone obtaining one) but good luck!

Are you going down the road of getting it deactivated then chopped? That’s a fair route but you’re gonna break the RFD’s heart! Me thinks keeping the Bulldog intact enough is going to be tough (let alone obtaining one) but good luck!

haha I know, there are only two real options here. I have it welded or I become a temporary agent so that I can handle individual parts. Option one means I can keep the deactivated Steyr but it wont have any moving parts and option two means I can only make a cast and the rifle goes on to pastures new.

This is my hard decision, also I havent even begun to look at my options when it comes to the Bulldog. In my research I found that there is an Airsoft version that I may be able to use

haha I know, there are only two real options here. I have it welded or I become a temporary agent so that I can handle individual parts. Option one means I can keep the deactivated Steyr but it wont have any moving parts and option two means I can only make a cast and the rifle goes on to pastures new.

This is my hard decision, also I havent even begun to look at my options when it comes to the Bulldog. In my research I found that there is an Airsoft version that I may be able to use

Which airsoft version do you speak of....? I am currently in the process of making my own airsoft PKD, but am having to deal with as close as I can get, since the old Kanamaru Charter Arms Bulldogs are very hard to come by. If you have a new source, I would be VERY interested.

The Kanamaru CA was the one I saw around the net, I had no idea they were hard to come by. But if I find anything interesting I will be sure to let you know!

Which airsoft version do you speak of....? I am currently in the process of making my own airsoft PKD, but am having to deal with as close as I can get, since the old Kanamaru Charter Arms Bulldogs are very hard to come by. If you have a new source, I would be VERY interested.

So on my search for a bulldog I came across this replica, info is limiting but it looks like an Airsoft? https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/reptile-d/item/caw43264/

So on my search for a bulldog I came across this replica, info is limiting but it looks like an Airsoft? https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/reptile-d/item/caw43264/

I believe that is a plug/blank fire replica. Looks very similar to the one in this thread https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=262737

The mentions of "fire model" or "special fire" are what point me in that direction. While there are lots of things listed in their "airsoft" category, very few of them are actual airsoft replicas.

I believe that is a plug/blank fire replica. Looks very similar to the one in this thread https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=262737

The mentions of "fire model" or "special fire" are what point me in that direction. While there are lots of things listed in their "airsoft" category, very few of them are actual airsoft replicas.

It does doesnt it, shame the info isnt very clear. I'm going to dig a little deeper on this one and report back anything interesting.

Excuse the intrusion. do you happen to know If this a reputable company Dave ? looks very detailed. even has the amazingly small spring that goes into the cylinder release lever.

I honestly couldn't say, I simply stumbled across that page when looking for an Airsoft Bulldog

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back