1/2700 Star Destoyer on the kitchen table

If you just want to turn on/off why don't you power it with a 9 to 12 volt 2 amp DC power supply like this:

http://hdamodelworx.com/Power-Supplies_c_47.html

Or a rechargeable 12 volt power pack like this.

They have different mAh......the higher the longer it will last on its charge

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC12V-2800...hash=item41c2e1735c:m:mscYe0UCZyiwADe69TtLgAA

You need to install a power connector like this:

http://hdamodelworx.com/DC-Power-55mm-x-21mm-Female-Cable-Plug_p_27.html

You can also install an on/off switch or several switches to separately turn on/off: main lighting, engines, hangar bay............

Btw Schwiiifty...what are you going to power it with? I've been using 9V, mostly because all the prewired LED's I get have the resistor built in, besides it's easier to house and secure a 9 than other stuff. I was told by someone you could only got 10-12 LED per 9V battery, I've used up to 36 with nary a problem:thumbsup

I was just thinking about the lighting on your trench hangar...maybe a couple of .50mm FO on either side of the fore/aft corridor section where it won't be seen? I think I'm gonna try that myself since I've already got some on that panel that will be cut out for the hangar...
Did a lot of little things that needed to be done before lighting...........Trying to delay because I'm still up in the air to do either LED strips or FO for interior lighting?

Built and light blocked the trench hanger. It is not glued in yet. It needs to be painted and I want to see how I'm going to light the interior of it.

View attachment 775117 View attachment 775118 View attachment 775119 View attachment 775120

View attachment 775125 View attachment 775126 View attachment 775127

Fixed the angle of the command tower and now lines are parallel to ship....still need to add some small strips to fill the small gaps. It's not glued on yet.

I will be making the top section removable from the ship to get to the electronics. I have glued a small skirt around edge so now it press fits into place and stops 95% of light leak. Some very thin foam will fix the rest. I may also use MicroScale liquid tape to make a stronger but removable connection that can be reattached. The stuff remains sticky and gives a fairly strong temporary bond.

View attachment 775132 View attachment 775133 View attachment 775134 View attachment 775135

Here are some pictures of the drilled window holes......from inside and some from outside.

View attachment 775136 View attachment 775137 View attachment 775138 View attachment 775139

View attachment 775140

After the above pictures were taken I drilled more holes so I'm probably 99% done with the drill holes. I have also drilled the locations for the laser turrets in 3 location on each side. I will use .75 mm FO for this connected to 2 green LEDs that will alternate firing 4 double bursts over a 1.5 to 2.5 second span.

Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

I hope to get some more done over the long weekend and post some more pictures.

All good ideas, you seem like you've got way more know-how on the electronic than I do for sure. I've got some remotes and multi sensors from Modeltrainsoftware for this, and there was some inconspicuous in-line power switches with it. they're like a flush mount kinda thing with a shallow push button so the sensors aren't powered all the time looking for a remote signal. I figure I can mount it on the lower and make it look like just another greeblie...I hope. The remotes can operate multiple sensors to control different functions and you can dim or brighten the lighting. I hope it all works out as planned, like I say...I'm still lacking a bit in the electronic know-how :unsure
If you just want to turn on/off why don't you power it with a 9 to 12 volt 2 amp DC power supply like this:

http://hdamodelworx.com/Power-Supplies_c_47.html

Or a rechargeable 12 volt power pack like this.

They have different mAh......the higher the longer it will last on its charge

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC12V-2800...hash=item41c2e1735c:m:mscYe0UCZyiwADe69TtLgAA

You need to install a power connector like this:

http://hdamodelworx.com/DC-Power-55mm-x-21mm-Female-Cable-Plug_p_27.html

You can also install an on/off switch or several switches to separately turn on/off: main lighting, engines, hangar bay............

I will say though, I need to bone up on the electronics...I've got a Deago Falcon on the way and I want to do ALOT of stuff with that one. I read a little about Arduino boards and such...but that stuff is WAY over my head :confused:wacko

View attachment 775048I had big plans last night, till the extermination guys showed up for the monthly spray treatment, then the wife came home, bla, bla, bla...then before I knew it, it was 8:30...this is as far as I got with engine lighting experiments. these are the 5mm bright whites that I color changed to blue-ish.

Looks better than stock blue LEDs as the inner glow is more white with a blue tint around the edges. I wouldn't go any bluer than that

Nah, you'll be fine. I got 1000 ft roll for this one, and I only started with FO and LED in the past year...easy peasy bro, your ISD is gonna be awesome :thumbsup
Well honestly I will be aiming on it when I order the fiber so I have more than enough. But I guess my mind will break before your goal. :p

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, thanks for the :thumbsup . I thought I'd wet wipe them once more to tone down the blue just a tad more.
Looks better than stock blue LEDs as the inner glow is more white with a blue tint around the edges. I wouldn't go any bluer than that

That sounds good....post some pictures of that when you have it all setup . I think Omnius has it lit from the end of the corridor but can't tell from the angle of the picture.

I was also thinking of cutting a slit/groove in the middle of the corridor ceiling and inserting some clear plastic in the groove and let the interior lighting illuminate it. If you are familiar with the Polar lights 1/350 Enterprise Refit kit.......the hangar bay has 2 over head slits with clear plastic and it light up very nicely

20161210_155005smaller.jpg

A few pictures of my 1/350 TMP Enterprise Refit build:

20161210_154706smaller.jpg 20170202_221321_LLSsmaller.jpg 20170202_220906_LLSsmaller.jpg 20170202_221521_LLSsmaller.jpg 20170202_222742_LLSsmaller.jpg 20161210_161010smaller.jpg 20161210_160751smaller.jpg 20161210_155501smaller.jpg

I was just thinking about the lighting on your trench hangar...maybe a couple of .50mm FO on either side of the fore/aft corridor section where it won't be seen? I think I'm gonna try that myself since I've already got some on that panel that will be cut out for the hangar...

I think your idea is MUCH better...I'm doing that :thumbsup
And oh my...that 1701 looks amazing! I've been wanting to do that kit too. You nailed the lighting and detail perfectly. I guess now I have another future project to shoot for!
That sounds good....post some pictures of that when you have it all setup . I think Omnius has it lit from the end of the corridor but can't tell from the angle of the picture.

I was also thinking of cutting a slit/groove in the middle of the corridor ceiling and inserting some clear plastic in the groove and let the interior lighting illuminate it. If you are familiar with the Polar lights 1/350 Enterprise Refit kit.......the hangar bay has 2 over head slits with clear plastic and it light up very nicely

View attachment 775173

View attachment 775175 View attachment 775176 View attachment 775177 View attachment 775178 View attachment 775179 View attachment 775180 View attachment 775181 View attachment 775182

- - - Updated - - -

I just looked at those pics again...my friend, you make what I do look like kiddy play! (y)thumbsup:cheers

Thanks for the compliments.....90% of the windows on the Enterprise are filled with micro crystal clear. I'm doing a test on a scrap piece of plastic with a few holes with FO next to a few holes filled with micro crystal clear and see if there is any difference but have to wait for the micro crystal clear to dry and turn clear. I will post results tomorrow if I have time or Friday

Cool stuff man, I'll look forward to seeing that. Have a great Thanksgiving!
Thanks for the compliments.....90% of the windows on the Enterprise are filled with micro crystal clear. I'm doing a test on a scrap piece of plastic with a few holes with FO next to a few holes filled with micro crystal clear and see if there is any difference but have to wait for the micro crystal clear to dry and turn clear. I will post results tomorrow if I have time or Friday

This is really beautiful. Good job.

View attachment 775173

View attachment 775175 View attachment 775176 View attachment 775177 View attachment 775178 View attachment 775179 View attachment 775180 View attachment 775181 View attachment 775182

isd thanger1.jpegisd thanger2.jpegisd thanger3.jpegisd thanger4.jpegisd eng pnl.jpegthis is what I came up with for the trench hangar, not exactly what I hoped for, but it's good enough for who it's for, right? I had the Shapeways tie squadron so I stuck a few in there getting ready for launch. I was surprised that I had to put an LED in each end to get it lit good enough. I had some light defusing acrylic that I use on my Falcon engine lighting, thinking that would do it, but no dice. Finished my engine panel this morning. light tinted blue in the 4 small ones, and bright white in the 3 mains. I had to use a method that either Scarecrow or Robiwan had used (can't remember who) and use tubing to run them out further to illuminate the entire bell. Again, good enough for who it's for.

- - - Updated - - -

My cat Wilson is fascinated by the wires and FO, I keep having to run him off the table. And I can't leave anything on the table...ever. he chews up stuff :facepalm

- - - Updated - - -

I did also order the HDA PE set for it, got an email there were in stock again. act fast before they run out again

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if I want to build another hanger for the opposing trench...though I should

What's this?
HDAModelWorks has the phot etch set for these, with shipping it was like 28 bucks. Google it, it looks pretty good and it's the one Omnius used on his thread. It's got the Garbage chute that most of us already got from Shapeways or Falcon3D, but there's a lot of other good stuff in there too. I thought it was worth it since I'm one of a few that are dedicating their build to Robiwon. They're occasionally out of stock but they have some right now, lucky for me. Sorry, I kinda suck at pasting links :facepalm

Hey thanks brother! Everything I have is of the bright variety unfortunately, 2mm, 3mm and 5mm, but I'm making it all work. looks good for me anyway. I just spent like 6 hrs trying to duplicate the added greeblies that Omnius did on his. not quite AS good as his work, but far better than if I hadn't done anything. I'd post pics, but my sucky laptop always loads them upside down no matter how I configure it in the library :unsure I usually do them at work, they come out right there for some reason :confused any of you guys got pics to share, I'm dying to see something other than my own stuff :thumbsup
Looks great gt350pony66!

I wonder, how bright LED's are you going for to the FO and engines?

Okey. :) Trying to figure out how bright I should buy. Guess its trial and error. :)

For my part this will take some time for progress. I had some troubles. My upper "hatch" is somehow crooked. Gonna use some neo magnets to press it down enough and hold it in place. Have ordered +650 feet FO and 20x #80 drills. :) See how far I come with that.

Hey thanks brother! Everything I have is of the bright variety unfortunately, 2mm, 3mm and 5mm, but I'm making it all work. looks good for me anyway. I just spent like 6 hrs trying to duplicate the added greeblies that Omnius did on his. not quite AS good as his work, but far better than if I hadn't done anything. I'd post pics, but my sucky laptop always loads them upside down no matter how I configure it in the library :unsure I usually do them at work, they come out right there for some reason :confused any of you guys got pics to share, I'm dying to see something other than my own stuff :thumbsup

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back