1/2700 Star Destoyer on the kitchen table

That's what I thought, thanks for the info. I emailed HDA to see if there was a way to get that sheet separately, but haven't heard back yet. I think I'm probably just gonna scratch the rest and call it good. Appreciate the info my friend :thumbsup

Engine bells look awesome!! All that extra detail was well worth it......

The guy at HDA is Jerry......email him and see if he can send you just the baffles.

Yours look really nice but if you can get extra I would...What did you make it out of?

I will be doing the same soon if I can't just buy those separately

View attachment 784505View attachment 784506View attachment 784507View attachment 784508View attachment 784509View attachment 784510View attachment 784511View attachment 784512Good morning my friends, I humbly submit to you, for approval or critique, engine lighting (and my scratched bell baffles) and my garbage chute. The blue light in the chute is a flicker, gives it the illusion there's activity of some sort further back. Now, I thought these baffles were on the HDA PE sheet I ordered, evidently not. So, I can do another 6 and call it good, or...and be honest...if these look kinda ehh...or flat out like crap, tell me and I'll order the other sheet...assuming there is one.

Here are some work in progress pictures I spoke about yesterday:

20171230_230007smaller.jpg 20171231_122702smaller.jpg 20171231_122531smaller.jpg 20171231_122555smaller.jpg

20171231_122621smaller.jpg 20180102_234658smaller.jpg20180102_234757smaller.jpg

Last 2 pictures is of the other trench hangar. Needs to be painted and lit.....Should be finished painting it tonight and installed tomorrow then onto the engine panel upgrades

That looks absolutely fantastic!! :thumbsup, I wish I had your patience...and skill in that area. looks much better than mine for sure! Those shots of it lit are most impressive. And your trench hangar, superb work with the beams and such. I've got half a mind to pop the ceilings off mine and add some of that while I still can.
Here are some work in progress pictures I spoke about yesterday:

View attachment 784531 View attachment 784532 View attachment 784533 View attachment 784534

View attachment 784535 View attachment 784536View attachment 784537

Last 2 pictures is of the other trench hangar. Needs to be painted and lit.....Should be finished painting it tonight and installed tomorrow then onto the engine panel upgrades

Thanks brother!, not too bad for my skill level if I do say. I did send an email to HDA asking about that this morning, waiting to hear back. I used a piece of flat brass out of an assortment I got at Ace Hardware, pretty sure I've seen the same stuff at the hobby shop too. I approximated the size and shape from a photo of the PE installed. just cut and bent with hobby knife and two pairs of tweezers. They'll do if HDA says no dice though. just have to make more for the other two bells. I spent a couple hours on just those three though.:unsure
Engine bells look awesome!! All that extra detail was well worth it......

The guy at HDA is Jerry......email him and see if he can send you just the baffles.

Yours look really nice but if you can get extra I would...What did you make it out of?

I will be doing the same soon if I can't just buy those separately

I also sent Jerry at HDA an email for just the engine baffles.

Hope he can sell just the sheet and not the bells.......If he can't yours look mighty good!!

I have to check the ones out on Shapeways

Thanks brother!, not too bad for my skill level if I do say. I did send an email to HDA asking about that this morning, waiting to hear back. I used a piece of flat brass out of an assortment I got at Ace Hardware, pretty sure I've seen the same stuff at the hobby shop too. I approximated the size and shape from a photo of the PE installed. just cut and bent with hobby knife and two pairs of tweezers. They'll do if HDA says no dice though. just have to make more for the other two bells. I spent a couple hours on just those three though.:unsure

heck, I thought they were supposed to be tapered? like the HDA ones...
Well, I think I might just make more of what I did...I like the taper. unless of course I hear back from HDA and its only 10 or 12 bucks...what to do [:wackoQUOTE=Sindariel;4381472]I think the ones from 308 Bits look better, because they're flat on the outer side, like the actual filming model.[/QUOTE]

308 and Rocketeer Models are both nice but slight difference with the outer legs slightly in from the edge on the Rocketeer one where 308 has them flush to the edge...

Which one is more accurate?

HDA has the sides tapered........

Gimme Shelter posted some shots of his SD on page 3 (Post 247) which shows them flat and square and the outer legs flush to the edge.

Last edited:
Instead of making 9 of these I will buy them from either 308 or Rocketeer. I will spray some Alclad chrome paint on the inside flat edge to get some extra reflection. Their metallic paint goes on really smooth and thin. The chrome is excellent.

Well...if you're gonna get 'em, I guess I will too. Think I'm gonna go with Tony's though...I prefer the flat exterior. I just hope they separate without incident :eek
Instead of making 9 of these I will buy them from either 308 or Rocketeer. I will spray some Alclad chrome paint on the inside flat edge to get some extra reflection. Their metallic paint goes on really smooth and thin. The chrome is excellent.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back