WonderCon Anaheim 2018, March 23-25

PumpMag

WonderCon Anaheim 2018, March 23-25
Anaheim Convention Center

If you are attending WonderCon 2018 this year, I encourage you to purchase your tickets as early as possible. As history has shown, Saturday single badges always sell out first. Once more, I look forward to seeing you, my fellow RPF members there.

http://www.comic-con.org/wca

I'm just waiting for pro badges to become available, they always wait until the last minute for them, usually about a month before the con.

I purchased my all-weekend ticket a while back.

Hope to see you there!

I will be doing

Friday: Chief Hopper (Stranger Things)

Saturday: Dr Henry Walton Jones Sr
(Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade)

Sunday: (probably) Allan Quatermain (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)

If you see me please come up and say "hi" , or mention what characters you all will be doing so we can keep an eye out for each other.

Here they are:

a0zKUJc.jpg

ROiU9U2.jpg

xIvfq8p.jpg

Last edited:
BTW if I'm reading the rules correctly prop weapons will be allowed, as long as they pass the security inspection and get tagged.

These days most Cons are banning nearly everything including squirt guns and Nerf guns, it will be nice for cosplayers to be able to have prop weapons like in the old days.

Got my hotel, just waiting for my tickets. I really hate that they wait until the very end to put registration for pros up.

Definitely going to be there! I bought my Saturday pass.

Im debating going as either Temple of Doom Indiana Jones (Since I still dont have a Raiders/LC jacket)
I'm probably going to need to get an updated Gas Mask bag bc I went with costumebase foolishly.

Either that or Nathan Drake from Uncharted 3. I have everythign except the gun harness for that one.

If you do Junior on Saturday I can do Senior.

My friend in the photo there does TOD Indy, one advantage is that you don't need a gun!

Alright that works for me! Yeah, also it allows me to walk around freely without a heavy jacket. I've been tempted to get a Sankara stone to carry around on these, but again I like to shop and cosplay at the same time so thats not idea.

Alright that works for me!

All good I will be Senior on Saturday. See you there!

I like to shop and cosplay at the same time

Yes me too! Senior has that heavy vintage suitcase to shlep around. There have been many Cons where I've just carried the umbrella, much easier to get through the crowds and shop. But the suitcase is iconic...

Likewise I usually don't bring my Grail Diary. It's cool but just another thing to carry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered my badge.... Anybody near a metro stop in DTLA,Santa montica, or anybody in or and around the SFV. Or anyone coming down from farther North than the SFV(Santa Clarita,SGV,AV, Simi, Ventura County etc) mind giving a poor guy a ride... I gladly would contribute gas $ or parking or food for us... PM me and let me know thanks

How is Wonder Con? I haven't been to it since my first one in Los Angeles many, many, years ago.......

This will be my first time in awhile. Seems much different from Comic Con in that there are less panels.

How is Wonder Con? I haven't been to it since my first one in Los Angeles many, many, years ago.......

This will be my first time in awhile. Seems much different from Comic Con in that there are less panels.

But at least you can get into the panels without waiting 4 hours like Comicon. It's what Comicon was like in the 90s, which is a hell of a lot better than the mess that Comicon is today.

I was looking for panel presentations and find nothing on their website. When do the powers at be produce their list of presentations?

Unlike Comicon, Wondercon always seems to do things at the last minute. Strange because they're both put on by the same company, but I'm still waiting for my tickets and the con is in a month.

I've never been to (San Diego) Comic Con so I don't know, but I somehow doubt WonderCon has anywhere near as many A-List guests.

I'm a Con newbie, 2016 was my first year. In that year I attended Long Beach (Comic Con and Comic Expo), LA (Comikaze, Anime Expo, WonderCon), Phoenix, San Francisco, and Seattle. WonderCon strikes me as a typical large-size Con. (Personally I had the best time at Phoenix, though it was 116 degrees outside.)

I've never been to (San Diego) Comic Con so I don't know, but I somehow doubt WonderCon has anywhere near as many A-List guests.

I'm a Con newbie, 2016 was my first year. In that year I attended Long Beach (Comic Con and Comic Expo), LA (Comikaze, Anime Expo, WonderCon), Phoenix, San Francisco, and Seattle. WonderCon strikes me as a typical large-size Con. (Personally I had the best time at Phoenix, though it was 116 degrees outside.)

WonderCon is not the kind of media con as Comicon. It just isn't and that's a good thing. If you want that kind of convention, to go Comicon, if you can get tickets in the 3 minutes they're available every year. More power to you. For lots of people like myself, who went to Comicon for more than 30 years in a row, I think the convention has been utterly ruined by being a media con and catering to Hollywood. I will never step foot back in that convention until it gets out of San Diego, which is far, far too small for the number of people at the convention. It is a complete madhouse. I, and a lot of other people, pass. Wondercon is a better convention, more in line with how Comicon was at its height during the late 80s and early 90s. Back when it was fun. Anaheim has been the perfect venue for the convention and the Anaheim Convention Center just expanded so it'll be even better. Give me WonderCon any day. Screw Comicon.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back