WonderCon Anaheim 2018, March 23-25

If autograph session exclusives can be transferred I have UniKitty on Friday but cannot make it because I will be at work. Anyone want it? Message me with an email address.

Thanks for the Star Wars group info. My Xcoser Kylo suit just arrived. Not enough time to modify, and it's too big on me, so I'll be the ill-fitted Kylo at the gathering.

So glad I spent that extra $10 for custom sizing. :facepalm

If someone going to the con is planning on swinging by the Anovos booth, might I ask of you to ask them a couple things while you're there? (Getting straight answers from their online chat reps is almost impossible.) Thanks in advance!

If someone going to the con is planning on swinging by the Anovos booth, might I ask of you to ask them a couple things while you're there? (Getting straight answers from their online chat reps is almost impossible.) Thanks in advance!

Oh, oh, oh. I'm going, let me, let me! I always ask them pointed questions like, When are you going to ship The Trek jacket or can I hold a Galactica jacket?

They'll probably have the Cassian jacket on display for the second year in a row. Might soon be time to place an order for Magnoli's White Label offering if I want it by Dragon Con.

I do plan to speak with them. I have a 3 day pass but some family drama that sucks. Someone here too forgot to get a badge so drama ensues...

Here is my WonderCon; Lost in Space and Anovos Report:

Lost in Space Pilot was great. loved it. It's sort of Lost in Space meets Earth 2.

Anovos sums up as "Manufacturing Problems", turns out they are a small company and the clothing factories in China favor the big guys. It's difficult finding a manufacture small enough to take on a small co like Anovos AND keep the quality constant. This is the reason behind most of their problems:

Star Lord Jacket: Will be leather. Any rumors about changing to vinyl, came from Anovos having to change manufactures. Which means this will be delayed, probably months.
Star Trek Beyond Jacket: They are having trouble finding a manufacture that can make these well. So, these are far off.
TOS Battlestar Galactica Jacket: In production, shipping this Summer. The long lead item was making the buckles.

BrianM

Anovos sums up as "Manufacturing Problems", turns out they are a small company and the clothing factories in China favor the big guys. It's difficult finding a manufacture small enough to take on a small co like Anovos AND keep the quality constant. This is the reason behind most of their problems:

Star Lord Jacket: Will be leather. Any rumors about changing to vinyl, came from Anovos having to change manufactures. Which means this will be delayed, probably months.

That's why I always give them a lot of leeway when it comes to delays and such. The few times I've dealt with manufacturers over there, and hearing the stories of what went on behind the scenes at Master Replicas, is enough to know that they are at the mercy of their suppliers. There's a HUGE gap in difficulty between getting a manufacturer to do cheap cosplay stuff and doing accurate, quality items. Anovos do still have a problem with communication though, because their online reps say one thing, and their con personnel seem to say another.

Question though: They actually confirmed to you that the Star Lord jacket will be real leather? They were actually supposed to be vinyl from the start, which drew some criticism. So if they in fact have swapped to leather, that will be great news for all those who ordered, even if it gets delayed a few months.

Thanks for getting the info!

John at Anovos definitely told me the Guardian's Jacket would be leather.

That's why I always give them a lot of leeway when it comes to delays and such. The few times I've dealt with manufacturers over there, and hearing the stories of what went on behind the scenes at Master Replicas, is enough to know that they are at the mercy of their suppliers. There's a HUGE gap in difficulty between getting a manufacturer to do cheap cosplay stuff and doing accurate, quality items. Anovos do still have a problem with communication though, because their online reps say one thing, and their con personnel seem to say another.

Question though: They actually confirmed to you that the Star Lord jacket will be real leather? They were actually supposed to be vinyl from the start, which drew some criticism. So if they in fact have swapped to leather, that will be great news for all those who ordered, even if it gets delayed a few months.

Thanks for getting the info!

I Had a bunch of fun at Wondercon... Only saw a few RPF members, but spent most of the day hanging with a few key people so did just made time to talk to the few I did see...

It did not help it took me to almost noon to get into officially due to them not letting my metal+wood combo link shield in the building,after standing in about an hour "weapons check line" and then having to walk back to the car to put it away.
regarding the annovos report i gave to joatrash i guess what threw me off bout their customer service is the owner John not being there at all on a Saturday(at least that is what the employee told me) and then the employee brushing me off so quickly. I guess this had to do with him not knowing an answer so trying to bs me... I am glad Brian could get you a better and more honest report on the delays of them...

Pump mag was kind enough to give me a ride part way both ways to wondercon. we had some good conversations

I found about the final piece I needed for my next cosplay at 1/2 price almost 5 mins after entering too. To those I missed hopefully I will see you at LBCC/LACC. Finding I am very sore and tired today so I am glad I home safe and able to recharge today

I talked to EFX and the Star Lord blasters will most likely not make it to market. Disney is getting paranoid about marketing toy guns especially after the garbage that went down at WDW and DLR two years ago. All toy weapons were pulled from stores, parks, etc. Also EFX pointed out that Solo posters have no weapons on them.

Anovos did confirm StarLord 2.0 will be goat skin to help on cost. That will be nice!

Wonder Con seems to be mostly panels made up of TV or Netflix type shows. Series of Unfortunate Events with Nathan Fillian was great. All the ones we wanted to attend were all on Friday. Walked the sales floor for about three hours and it was crowded!!!!

I went Fri/Sat/Sun and had a great time.

They had plenty of shuttles to the Honda Center and the people running things seemed well organised.

On a whim I came as Dr Jones again on Sunday, which was cool because as soon as I got there I fell in with a large group of Indiana Jones cosplayers and we all participated in two professional photo shoots. (My first time doing one.)

v22CVMc.jpg

If I have one complaint is that there didn't seem to be any alcohol on site. I very much enjoyed some good IPA at Long Beach Comic Expo, which helped my Hopper stay in character.

Last edited:
I went Fri/Sat/Sun and had a great time.

They had plenty of shuttles to the Honda Center and the people running things seemed well organised.

On a whim I came as Dr Jones again on Sunday, which was cool because as soon as I got there I fell in with a large group of Indiana Jones cosplayers and we all participated in two professional photo shoots. (My first time doing one.)

If I have one complaint is that there didn't seem to be any alcohol on site. I very much enjoyed some good IPA at Long Beach Comic Expo, which helped my Hopper stay in character.
WonderCon and San Diego Comic Con don't have alcohol served on site. However, a quick jump to any of the neighboring hotels, and there's plenty of bars to get your fix.

It was interesting going through weapons check. I wore ESB Han on the last day, and made sure to go get my almost full metal DL-44 blaster checked early in the morning. Weapons check guy was cool, verified the plug and non-firing capabilities, and I was good to go. Didn't take more than five minutes. After changing into costume, saw that the line ballooned.

I wish i would have realized they allowed metal props. Denver Comic con stopped allowing them which eliminated my Freddy Krueger. Oh well. Maybe next year

Weapons check actually made me walk my Metal and wood combo Link Shield back to my car... their reasoning was "it is to heavy and you could hurt someone with it", yet they let in a Aliens Colonial marine dude 5 minutes before/after with a full on Metal HCG Pulse rifle just had orange tip. This was after a good 20-30 minute wait in line on Saturday about 10:30 or 11am

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back