"Jedi Challenges" Augmented Reality Game by Disney and Lenovo

Gimpdiggity

Master Member

It's pricey, but everything I've read about it says that it works incredibly well.

I'm tempted to pick it up for the sole purpose of playing Holochess with an actual "hologram."

Has anyone else seen it, or had a chance to give it a try?

Last edited by a moderator:
huh, i haven't had any experience with this, but i do own the HTC Vive. there's a "Trials of Tatooine" Star Wars game that is a bit similar, it starts with you doing some simple repairs on the Falcon, you're then attacked by Stormtroopers and get to deflect laser blasts with a lightsaber. although it's brief, it was still one of the greatest gaming experiences of my life.

I bit the bullet tonight. My wife was like "They have six months zero interest on the Best Buy card if you want to use it."

I spent about an hour with it, and had an absolute blast. I did several Lightsaber battles and several of the RTS type games.

I havent played chess yet, but plan to do so tonight.

The whole package is really, really nice. Well made, fits well, and looks great.

The only thing that is a bit concerning is how warm my phone got when plugged into it. That said, I'll probably rarely play for as long as I did tonight so that shouldn't be an issue.

More re content is supposed to release the same day "The Last Jedi" comes out, so that's a nice bonus.

Overall my my initial impressions are very, very positive.

I finally got around to playing Holochess tonight...it's pretty awesome.

I'm not sure if it's a more "basic" version of the game, but it's certainly fun.

I'm still really enjoying the Lightsaber battles, too. I'm pretty happy with this purchase.

I have it and love it, and so does my 8 yr old nephew!

Allosaur, which if the game types are you enjoying the most?

I really like the chess...so much fun.

Ive noticed that if you go back to play the "boss" of the Lightsaber battles they seem a bit more difficult, which is cool.

anyone know if the lg stylo3 would be compatible ?
with so many hones out there there are many that havent been confirmed yet by manufacturer so i thought I would ask here.

I ended up getting the game for Christmas. The game play is pretty fun, but I know what all you guys really want to see. The lightsaber profile itself is pretty good. It's very lightweight, appears to be made from chromed plastic. I don't think there's any metal parts on it. The only pieces that aren't plastic are the grips, which are a bit too low, though I suppose this is done to make the lightsaber easier to grip, especially for kids (Lord knows how hard I found it to grip my MR Anakin AotC lightsaber as a kid). I don't have an original Graflex or even a replica to compare, but the width of the shaft seems pretty accurate to me. The side switch and the beer tab near the emitter seem to be sculpted on, and isn't very defined. The bunny ears are too short, and too close together. They also don't flare at the tip. A bit disappointing, but I can see why they probably did it. How much more disappointing would it be for you to accidentally smack the saber into a wall and snap the bunny ears off. I also noticed that the flare on the stabilizing ring goes 360 around the bottom and 3/4 around the top instead of just being on the sides. The s-curve on the front doesn't seem to cut in far enough, either. The d-ring is Kobald-style, like the new movies, but the ring itself sits too high up and honestly looks kinda off because it juts out away from the main hilt. The glass eye is also too far away from the hilt and the knurling isn't filed down and painted brass, but this because it's one of two activation switches (the other one is on the activation box, where it should be), so that's probably a design thing more than anything. I also don't like the look of the smooth brass glass eye, so it gets no fuss from me. The lightsaber hilt comes with a white rubber bumper in place of a blade, which covers the electronics in the hilt. It lights up, but only in white. It's not blue like it shows in the commercial for it, which was disappointing. I ended up cutting it off, and just putting a small plastic gear in place there. The paint is VERY reflective, and VERY prone to fingerprint smudges and dust. I'd actually suggest keeping the lightsaber in the box instead of on display to avoid constantly having to dust it.

Here's some pics:
EaJUdLH.jpg zVLVxIJ.jpg iIPSO41.jpg

fBzWWvV.jpg ZRuolil.jpg nhfG2Fl.jpg

wbiU16s.jpg s0kHFt0.jpg awhyWCd.jpg

Over all, I'm very satisfied with it. It's not replica quality, but in spite of not having the words written on the hitl, it definitely has the most "Graflex" feel of all the lightsabers in my collection. It's technically just a really nice video game controller, which it works well as. I'm happy that Lenovo was able to bring this to us, and it's definitely my favorite Christmas present this year.

Hope you all had a merry Christmas!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back