Original Sid Kit Blade Runner blaster make over

Mr Webber

Master Member
It was a great time back in the day to get this and go through the process of putting it together. Had not worked on anything like it before
and did pretty much everything wrong along the way but managed to work it out in the end. First big mistake was to use auto paint, why
I still dont know. It looks fantastic but filled in all the fine lines and engravings with its gooey goodness.

The only replicas available at the time were the Offworld and the Hartford, wasnt aware of the Coyle and they were both black so I went
with all black. The kit only came with the standard four red leds but I added a fifth and the two side greens ones later on.

Been wanting to bring it up to as close to the World Con version for a long time and 2049 only made that stronger so got about to pulling
apart the top section and get rid of the paint, was very easy just soaked in paint thinners for an hour and wiped it off. Was great to see all
the detail return.

OSK1.JPGOSK2.JPGOSK3.JPGOSK4.JPGOSK5.JPG

THE BEAST REBORN.

OSK7.JPGOSK8.JPGOSK9.JPGOSK10.JPG

I call this thing the beast because it is ridiculously heavy, in a good way. even heavier with the five metal slug`s in it. I think its around four pounds.

Couldnt be happier with they way it turned out and not really thinking about blackening out at this point. The raw metal is duller in real life and
the older exposed metal has aged with a dark patina so will let time do the work.

I got one of these about a month before the Worldcon pics came out, so was able to build it up with the new reference first time round. Still my main piece, :D

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back