Melted Darth Vader helmet not in ash pit?

Unfated

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm very confused about this. I have just finish my paint up of MasterEdi's beautiful melted Vader helmet and am
trying to figure out how to display it. I've seen quite a few people display theirs in an ash pit. In the movie Darth Vader's helmet
is not in an ash pit. It's on display in the center of a table. No ashes. Later in the movie Kylo puts his helmet on a similar table
full of the ashes of his enemies, but it's NOT the same table. So why is everyone displaying the melted helmet is ashes?
Am I missing something? Please help.

I'm very confused about this. I have just finish my paint up of MasterEdi's beautiful melted Vader helmet and am
trying to figure out how to display it. I've seen quite a few people display theirs in an ash pit. In the movie Darth Vader's helmet
is not in an ash pit. It's on display in the center of a table. No ashes. Later in the movie Kylo puts his helmet on a similar table
full of the ashes of his enemies, but it's NOT the same table. So why is everyone displaying the melted helmet is ashes?
Am I missing something? Please help.

It’s on this triangular pedistool thing. His helmet was on a triangular pit with ashes for kylo helmet in the interrogation room

Originally, the idea was to have Kylo talking to Vader’s Melted Helmet in the ashpit. Even in many publications there is this picture, which is not in the movie.
DEB818DD-85C8-4DAD-8362-5455098DE8EE.jpeg
They decided to change that idea during filming. For some reason, the helmet in the ashpit didn’t translate well. So they went with the plain black triangle instead, which showed better on film. They used the ashpit in a later scene, when Kylo slams down his helmet in it. These are just explanations I had heard, so take it with a grain of salt...

So we are all in agreement, the Vader helmet does not sit in a pit of ashes. I sure wish we
could get a better shot of what Vader's helmet is sitting on. It goes so fast in the film and
never really zooms out.

Are those the "ashes of enemies" or are they the salvaged ashes from Vader's corpse kept as a relic in Kylo's "special little room of mementoes"?

Alley you and I are on the same page. i THINK originally they were going to have that pit Vader's ashes with his helmet. BUT they then changed everything, with the prop already made and possibly filmed, they changed the idea to the ash pit of kylo's enemies.. ( though i sure hope its the ashes of the young padawans at the temple)

but i always thought the same thing... even in the theater i thought that pit was Vader's ashes

- - - Updated - - -

on another note, anyone know where you can purchase fake ashes? like the ash used in artificial fire places or something? i have been working on a display stand ( a sith shrine) and want the melted helmet at the top in a ash pit. but can't find anything i like for ash..

Alley you and I are on the same page. i THINK originally they were going to have that pit Vader's ashes with his helmet. BUT they then changed everything, with the prop already made and possibly filmed, they changed the idea to the ash pit of kylo's enemies.. ( though i sure hope its the ashes of the young padawans at the temple)

but i always thought the same thing... even in the theater i thought that pit was Vader's ashes

- - - Updated - - -

on another note, anyone know where you can purchase fake ashes? like the ash used in artificial fire places or something? i have been working on a display stand ( a sith shrine) and want the melted helmet at the top in a ash pit. but can't find anything i like for ash..

So you are going to display yours in ashes too even though in the movie it was not in the ashes?

So you are going to display yours in ashes too even though in the movie it was not in the ashes?

Somewhat, my plan is to build a square podium, with shelf’s in the front with a glass door, so I have put kylo’s saber, and if the rumor is true another piece of vader on the other shelf. Then top the podium off with a ash pit on the top, with fake ashes and red leds under it, to illuminate the ash. Covering the helmet in a 16x16 acrylic box

I have been slowly harvesting scrap finish birch plywood from job sites. Only need a few more scraps.. 1 4x8 sheet is almost 90 bucks, that’s not in the cards right now..

Once the shrine is done I’ll share it here

But that is my plan

I bought this side table in black to display my helmet in.

hinsdale-hexagonal-mid-century-accent-table-white-inspire-q.jpeg

but now that I know it did not sit in the hexagonal table with ash I want to make or purchase something like this.

480495d82d36cc38f6909b200939ada7.jpg

I grabbed this from pinterest does anyone know who's this is or who made it????

I bought this side table in black to display my helmet in.

View attachment 774871

but now that I know it did not sit in the hexagonal table with ash I want to make or purchase something like this.

View attachment 774870

I grabbed this from pinterest does anyone know who's this is or who made it????

That’s master edi’s v1 helmet. That display stand was also made by a member here. If I remember correctly he even shared all his measurements

When I get home tonight I’ll check see if I can find the thread

@halliwax That would be great. This is the kind of stand I want for my MasterEdi V2.
I believe that is from a artist known as Paperdandy, he eventually managed to get one of the ultra-rare Propshop Helmets! He gave his V1 to his brother... the pedestal he had made by a carpenter friend of his... I still have this work in progress pic from him, but sorry, no measurements.
A9EA00E5-8F7E-4A41-9C39-C2E6E7BC556C.jpeg

A9EA00E5-8F7E-4A41-9C39-C2E6E7BC556C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
If it were me, I'd display it "pre-find". So it would be on soil with years off vegetation growing around it and some Ewoks poop on top. Because if I were and Ewok, pooping on Vader's remains would be thing i'd do. :devil

That is perfect!

It has been widely accepted in the prop building community that Maltese dogs, given generous helpings of Caesar brand dog food, produce the closest approximation of accurate Ewok poop--in terms of texture, color, and odor.

My daughter happens to have a Maltese that can provide as much "Replica Ewok Poop" as Board members may desire. I will even supply a plaque for the poop complete with a numbered edition included to provide the exclusivity we all crave in our replicas.

"Yub Yub!"

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back