Melted Darth Vader helmet not in ash pit?

Here it is on the table. It works, but not exactly what I want.

IMG_1071.jpg

I believe that is from a artist known as Paperdandy, he eventually managed to get one of the ultra-rare Propshop Helmets! He gave his V1 to his brother... the pedestal he had made by a carpenter friend of his... I still have this work in progress pic from him, but sorry, no measurements.
View attachment 774959

I’d love to get one of those bases as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey - hadn't logged in in a while but saw this....

Yeh that's my stand. I had it made by a carpenter friend. I do have the measurements if you still want them though I realise this thread is well over 6 months old now!

HOWEVER.... I actually got it wrong. The front of the stand isn't pointed. It's flat. I'm a bit obsessive about that scene - I spoke with a guy who worked for Propshop. He was on set when they filmed it. Also the podium wasn't even full height, it was a foot tall and then filmed sitting on a regular table (ah the magic of Hollywood). Screen grab attached from the trailer - you can blow the image out using photoshop and it's obvious the point of the triangle is squared off, then the start of the ridges that go down the length of the podium.

View attachment 828520View attachment 828519

A while ago I 3D printed a mini podium for the Black Series helmet that came with Kylo Ren (told you I was obsessed). I added to the height of it. I've attached some graphics of it so you could see how a full length one would have looked. Luke Fisher the guy who sculpted the original said it was pretty accurate.

View attachment 828521View attachment 828522View attachment 828523View attachment 828524View attachment 828525View attachment 828526

Hope that helps :)

Hey - hadn't logged in in a while but saw this....

Yeh that's my stand. I had it made by a carpenter friend. I do have the measurements if you still want them though I realise this thread is well over 6 months old now!

HOWEVER.... I actually got it wrong. The front of the stand isn't pointed. It's flat. I'm a bit obsessive about that scene - I spoke with a guy who worked for Propshop. He was on set when they filmed it. Also the podium wasn't even full height, it was a foot tall and then filmed sitting on a regular table (ah the magic of Hollywood). Screen grab attached from the trailer - you can blow the image out using photoshop and it's obvious the point of the triangle is squared off, then the start of the ridges that go down the length of the podium.

View attachment 828520View attachment 828519

A while ago I 3D printed a mini podium for the Black Series helmet that came with Kylo Ren (told you I was obsessed). I added to the height of it. I've attached some graphics of it so you could see how a full length one would have looked. Luke Fisher the guy who sculpted the original said it was pretty accurate.

View attachment 828521View attachment 828522View attachment 828523View attachment 828524View attachment 828525View attachment 828526

Hope that helps :)

The links are not working.

This is awesome! I really want this stand but have been planning on buying an acrylic display case to prevent dust. I don't know if it would be worth finding someone to build this stand and a case to fit it. ;(

I am slowly collecting material now to make a stand. Mine won’t be accurate though, I will go by the design above, but I want it to sit higher

I already got the tools to cut the acrylic, I’m going to make the same diamond shape out of acrylic to protect my master edi helmet.

Was also debating on putting shelf’s down the middle of it.. maybe display Vader’s saber.. there was a rumor about ep8 having a melted Vader chest box.. I like that idea too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I was thinking about a 3' stand or so with an acrylic box. Unfortunately the display cases for hockey goalie masks are a tad too small for the Vader mask without the included display stand. I found a site that would custom make a case but that was quoted at $230 (helmet alone) and up, then you have to find the proper stand.

Another option is to mount the case to the wall but a stand would be much cooler. I also want to make sure everything is sturdy because my brother has a kid on the way and I'll be really upset if he/she knocks it over while goofing around. :cry

Yeah I was thinking about a 3' stand or so with an acrylic box. Unfortunately the display cases for hockey goalie masks are a tad too small for the Vader mask without the included display stand. I found a site that would custom make a case but that was quoted at $230 (helmet alone) and up, then you have to find the proper stand.

Another option is to mount the case to the wall but a stand would be much cooler. I also want to make sure everything is sturdy because my brother has a kid on the way and I'll be really upset if he/she knocks it over while goofing around. :cry

Yup! Don’t want little nephew knocking anything over. A good friend of mine who use to race with me, he lost his daughter when she climbed a dresser.. dresser flipped over and a flat screen tv killed her.. not cool..

When my niece was born we strapped everything to the walls.

Yup! Don’t want little nephew knocking anything over. A good friend of mine who use to race with me, he lost his daughter when she climbed a dresser.. dresser flipped over and a flat screen tv killed her.. not cool..

When my niece was born we strapped everything to the walls.

Oh man, that's terrible. I know they say to harness things down to prevent that and have said EVERYTHING will be made safe. I couldn't take knowing any of my TVs, dressers, or even this Vader helmet lead to something like that.

Seems like something somewhat common. Especially with the old CRTs.
There is a "Creepypasta narrator" on youtube who has a story about losing his daughter the same way.. terrible. :(

Yeah this wasn’t a creepy pasta, his race car was named after her and everything.. sadstory

I never used those tie down straps until we heard about this happening to him..

Good luck - post some pictures!

I am slowly collecting material now to make a stand. Mine won’t be accurate though, I will go by the design above, but I want it to sit higher

I already got the tools to cut the acrylic, I’m going to make the same diamond shape out of acrylic to protect my master edi helmet.

Was also debating on putting shelf’s down the middle of it.. maybe display Vader’s saber.. there was a rumor about ep8 having a melted Vader chest box.. I like that idea too

Yeah this wasn’t a creepy pasta, his race car was named after her and everything.. sadstory

I never used those tie down straps until we heard about this happening to him..

His wasn't either.. It was his actual experience. He just happens to narrate those stories.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back