Deadshot Custom AR-15 Build

awol007

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've liked the look of this gun since I first saw the movie and reference pics. So I present you with my Deadshot Custom AR-15. Just got done building it and it works just fine. Yes, it's real. The upper and lower is a Ruger 556. The stock and mag are Magpul products to match the movie version. I modified the barrel to use a low profile gas block so I could add the custom machined handguard (the original Ruger gas block extends to the front sights). Then I painted it, reassembled and test fired and it's freaking awesome IMHO. :)

I've seen a lot of airsoft versions and they all are great. If you have any questions about the build, the gun or the parts I used let me know.

0BAVZ3Al.jpg

Imgur gallery with more build pics: https://imgur.com/gallery/dJ6qj

Last edited:
You posted a while ago but thought I'd let you know your AR looks pretty good :) I cheated and made my Deadshot rifle from Nerf blaster parts ;) I was on a time limit and plus there's Australian gun laws to consider.

It's not cheating :) you have to work with what you got. You can take yours to conventions too. I can't take mine anywhere except the gun range. :)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Here is another photo I took a couple of weeks ago. Very accurate and fun to shoot. I still need to get around to adding the target symbol by the magazine.

Y41D0dJ.jpg

All good points :) Plus I thought I'd only be using it once. Deadshot has been my back up costume at cons so he has been worn about 6 times now. Thinking now it's time to retire it ;) Though I am itching to try to make the barrel shroud... :) I've already 3D designed a reasonable Glock 17 slider and RMR sight (all completely non-functional of course).

It's not cheating :) you have to work with what you got. You can take yours to conventions too. I can't take mine anywhere except the gun range. :)

- - - Updated - - -

PS: Looks like we used the same paint ;)

Pretty soon I'm guessing most cons won't even allow fake guns.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

What hand guard did you use? One of my side hobbies is building ARs and thus might be a fun and easy one to try.

What hand guard did you use? One of my side hobbies is building ARs and thus might be a fun and easy one to try.
It's custom machined not off the shelf. I wanted it just like the one from the movie.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's custom machined not off the shelf. I wanted it just like the one from the movie.

Wow, is it machined from scratch, or did you machine an existing forend? Particularly curious how you managed the barrel nut/ forend interface...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, is it machined from scratch, or did you machine an existing forend? Particularly curious how you managed the barrel nut/ forend interface...

I didnt do the work to actually make the foregrip. I commissioned a company I found online to do it based on my spec and reference pics. They did all the cad work for me and allowed me to review and edit it until I was happy with it. If you'd like the company name PM me and ill send you the link. Since it's actually weapons related I'm not sure I can endorse it in a thread. But it was pretty reasonable in price around $300. And what I got back was a perfectly machined metal piece with a barrel nut and screws. Not painted. I had them make me a top rail as well so it would fit flush with my upper.

Now as far as the barrel nut goes, holy crap. The barrel nut on my ruger ar was the biggest pain in the ass to remove. I almost cut it off. I broke an ar tool trying to get it off. But in the end what I did was use a long cheat pipe for leverage and it finally worked. Took probably two hours to get it off. But the new nut I put on is perfect. I just torqued it on to spec and the foregrip just slides on. I did have a buy a low profile gas block so the foregrip would fit.

Basically in the end the foregrip, stock, gas block, acog, rails, grip, and magazines are different than what came stock with the ar. All in all the total build was probably around $900. And it shoots great.

I personally think it looks really close to deadshots. I wouldn't mind getting a flash hider that matches, but the rest is close I think.

Last edited:
That’s an amazing price for a fully custom forend. I’ve built a number of AR’s, and off-the-shelf often runs that much! Very impressive build for only $900.

That’s an amazing price for a fully custom forend. I’ve built a number of AR’s, and off-the-shelf often runs that much! Very impressive build for only $900.

Thanks. The ruger is a great, inexpensive starting point. That's the key really, find a deal on a good AR.

I didnt do the work to actually make the foregrip. I commissioned a company I found online to do it based on my spec and reference pics. They did all the cad work for me and allowed me to review and edit it until I was happy with it. If you'd like the company name PM me and ill send you the link. Since it's actually weapons related I'm not sure I can endorse it in a thread. But it was pretty reasonable in price around $300. And what I got back was a perfectly machined metal piece with a barrel nut and screws. Not painted. I had them make me a top rail as well so it would fit flush with my upper.

Now as far as the barrel nut goes, holy crap. The barrel nut on my ruger ar was the biggest pain in the ass to remove. I almost cut it off. I broke an ar tool trying to get it off. But in the end what I did was use a long cheat pipe for leverage and it finally worked. Took probably two hours to get it off. But the new nut I put on is perfect. I just torqued it on to spec and the foregrip just slides on. I did have a buy a low profile gas block so the foregrip would fit.

Basically in the end the foregrip, stock, gas block, acog, rails, grip, and magazines are different than what came stock with the ar. All in all the total build was probably around $900. And it shoots great.

I personally think it looks really close to deadshots. I wouldn't mind getting a flash hider that matches, but the rest is close I think.

So as of right now I have a stripped lower and thought about this build but can you pm me on the details of the handgaurd

I've liked the look of this gun since I first saw the movie and reference pics. So I present you with my Deadshot Custom AR-15. Just got done building it and it works just fine. Yes, it's real. The upper and lower is a Ruger 556. The stock and mag are Magpul products to match the movie version. I modified the barrel to use a low profile gas block so I could add the custom machined handguard (the original Ruger gas block extends to the front sights). Then I painted it, reassembled and test fired and it's freaking awesome IMHO. :)

I've seen a lot of airsoft versions and they all are great. If you have any questions about the build, the gun or the parts I used let me know.

View attachment 774288

Imgur gallery with more build pics:
Im doing that for cosplay

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back