Planet Ahch-To Bandai 1/144 Millennium Falcon

Kingramos1

Hey Everyone, just finished my Bandai 1/144 Millennium Falcon and since I'm a diorama guy, I had to try and do something a little different than what I've seen before. The Falcon rests on the Planet Ahch-To, based on the few photos that I've been able to find (gotta use your imagination a little bit!). The model itself was awesome to put together...very little paint except for the photo etched parts. The rest is just weathered with Tamiya weathering paste, colored pencils, Tamiya panel line paint black/brown, and a flat coat to finish. I kept the weathering to a minimum as to not overtake the model in such a small scale...personal preference. The base is slate, that I had to hand cut to fit the frame, and some leftover mat grass with railroad ballast. The model itself is attached to the slate with earth magnets that I drilled and glued into the slate, and by then attaching small/very thin metal strips to the landing pads. You can't see the magnets or the strips and it's really a cool effect. The little magnets are so strong that i can turn the Falcon totally upside down and it will hold in place. The slate is attached to the base with liquid nails, so that isn't going anywhere! Since real estate from all of my Star Wars figures/dioramas is getting limited, keeping it to 9/12" X 12" was the best option for the base.

Just got my PG Millennium Falcon and will use the same technique to put that together.

Noticed now that I uploaded the pics that some of the rust lines on the panels are washed out from the light...but they are there!!!

Enjoy the pics!
IMG_4661.jpgIMG_4667.jpgIMG_4670.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4655.jpg
    IMG_4655.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 261
  • IMG_4656.jpg
    IMG_4656.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 195
  • IMG_4657.jpg
    IMG_4657.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 202
  • IMG_4658.jpg
    IMG_4658.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Hey Everyone, just finished my Bandai 1/144 Millennium Falcon and since I'm a diorama guy, I had to try and do something a little different than what I've seen before. The Falcon rests on the Planet Ahch-To, based on the few photos that I've been able to find (gotta use your imagination a little bit!). The model itself was awesome to put together...very little paint except for the photo etched parts. The rest is just weathered with Tamiya weathering paste, colored pencils, Tamiya panel line paint black/brown, and a flat coat to finish. I kept the weathering to a minimum as to not overtake the model in such a small scale...personal preference. The base is slate, that I had to hand cut to fit the frame, and some leftover mat grass with railroad ballast. The model itself is attached to the slate with earth magnets that I drilled and glued into the slate, and by then attaching small/very thin metal strips to the landing pads. You can't see the magnets or the strips and it's really a cool effect. The little magnets are so strong that i can turn the Falcon totally upside down and it will hold in place. The slate is attached to the base with liquid nails, so that isn't going anywhere! Since real estate from all of my Star Wars figures/dioramas is getting limited, keeping it to 9/12" X 12" was the best option for the base.

Just got my PG Millennium Falcon and will use the same technique to put that together.

Noticed now that I uploaded the pics that some of the rust lines on the panels are washed out from the light...but they are there!!!

Enjoy the pics!
View attachment 773891View attachment 773893View attachment 773894
Beautiful

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back