Han Solo ANH Belt Buckle Dimensions

MasterJedi

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Does anybody have the accurate dimensions for the ANH Han Solo Belt Buckles? Using a reference picture, I think I got pretty darn close to the original. (sorry for the crappy picture)
IMG_20171116_190022.jpg

How close am I? And does anyone have dimensions for the rear buckle?

EDIT: I just realized I measured the long diagonal line waaaay wrong. It's actually 2 1/8". Here's the updated picture.
IMG_20171116_190022.jpg

Last edited:
Does anybody have the accurate dimensions for the ANH Han Solo Belt Buckles? Using a reference picture, I think I got pretty darn close to the original. (sorry for the crappy picture)
View attachment 773851

How close am I? And does anyone have dimensions for the rear buckle?

67113eccf06ff3f910a528dc19fc3efc.jpg

Your dimensions look close. I’m not sure what the exact measurements are, but I can measure my buckle in the morning.

d12fa1f5c5f9ec94875fb7316bf51180.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks bud! That would be awesome if you could measure them for me. I'm making mine out of a 1/8th inch sheet of aluminum that I'm doubling up on, and I'm making a pair for a friend who is making me the leather parts. Needless to say, I'm trying to get it as accurate as possible. :)
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171117/67113eccf06ff3f910a528dc19fc3efc.jpg

Your dimensions look close. I’m not sure what the exact measurements are, but I can measure my buckle in the morning.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171117/d12fa1f5c5f9ec94875fb7316bf51180.jpg

Not saying mine are accurate, but it looks good to me. The front buckle
Is 3 3/16” tall, 2 7/8” for the bottom length, 2 3/4” for the top length, 2 1/8” for the top side, and 1 1/4” for the bottom sides.

Thanks bud! That would be awesome if you could measure them for me. I'm making mine out of a 1/8th inch sheet of aluminum that I'm doubling up on, and I'm making a pair for a friend who is making me the leather parts. Needless to say, I'm trying to get it as accurate as possible. :)

The back buckle is 4” x 3 3/8” tall.
The side length is 2 1/8”.
The edges on top and bottom are 2”.

Again, I’m not sure how close it is to the real McCoy, but It looks good on the setup Doc Stone made for me in the picture.

Awesome thank you! Would you mind taking the dimensions of the front buckle as well? :)

Again, I’m not sure how close it is to the real McCoy, but It looks good on the setup Doc Stone made for me in the picture.

Found this on google, not sure how accurate they are. The credit on the image says Crazylegsmurphy. I'd go with this if I were you.;)
Punished Props also had a tutorial for the mechanism behind the buckle, and theirs looks pretty good.

I saw that one, and that's what I based my first templates on. They seem a little small, and the hexagonal front buckle in a bit too skinny too. I used an original picture and scaled it up, and these ones were a bit off.

Also, Punished props is awesome! The mechanism he uses is so simple, and looks great! :D
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/a6/3d/d5/a63dd53f1439eaee296ef93f9cf20046.pngFound this on google, not sure how accurate they are. The credit on the image says Crazylegsmurphy. I'd go with this if I were you.;)
Punished Props also had a tutorial for the mechanism behind the buckle, and theirs looks pretty good.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, and I just noticed that I measured the 3" diagonal line waaaaaay wrong. It's 2 1/8", not 3 inches, haha.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back