Did Moebius release multiple issues of the Moon bus?

RKS

I'm looking on the net for the Moebius 2001 Moon bus, and I see two different box arts: the original Aurora box art, and a not so good looking one of a seemingly colossal moon bus floating in front of the two astronauts standing on the moonscape. If they did make two editions, like they did with the space clipper to improve that one, is there any difference between the two moon bus versions other than the box?

Thank you in advance for the information.

RKS.

From mach7 over at HobbyTalk:

BTW, I just picked up the new Moonbus release. At 1st glance it looks identical to the last release. Moebius said they made no changes
So it's really no surprise.

Molded in white.

$39.99 at my LHS. Not a bad deal.

The latest kit box has the 2001 movie logo on it which Moebius was not allowed to use before they had acquired the license for it recently.
The kits are identical in terms of styrene.

Thank you very much adphill, edge10, and Richard Baker. I can now buy either kit with confidence of not losing out. I would like to have the box with the reproduction of the Aurora box art but not enough to pay $10.- to $20.- extra. It was the box art that always fascinated me decades ago when I didn't know anything about the film. That ship in what seemed like a cave made an impression on me. Now I know the film, don't care for it but the moon bus still looks so nice that I just have to have it, and with the reissue, the prices are no longer prohibitive.
So thank you once again sirs.

RKS.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back