USMC Motion Tracker - real parts

shoeben82

As i was collectiong pieces for the Nostromo tracker, i kept coming across parts for the Aliens USMC tracker so i thought i might aswell make the most of these parts being available and start collecting for a future build or i may pass on to someone else.

As you all probably know, this is the bad boy in question-

USMC tracker.jpg

The main body is a Kango 436 hammer drill, i luckily found one on eBay for £30! In good nick, just needs disassembling and cleaning up.

Kango 1.jpgKango 2.jpg

I also bought the Flash, a Vivitaer 2500 Thyristor and a Hama self timer and case, various parts are used on the tracker

Flash & timer.jpg

I also tracked down an Olympus T28 50mm panel, no idea what it is really used for but i found one! £20 was quite pricey but they seemed few and far between so i bit the bullet!

Olympus T28 Panel 50mm.JPG

On top of the tracker is a JOBO dark room lamp. This piece seems to be mega hard to find but one appeared on eBay on the German site for £25 so i snapped it up.

Jobo lamp.jpg

Struggling to find the correct slide viewer - a Hama 3642/B101 model and a Hama remote release model 39402 - i have placed a WTB ad on the RPF.

Hama Remote Releasen 39402.jpgHama Slideviewer 3642 B101.jpg

So far so good!

20170722_164223.jpg20170722_164136.jpg20170610_152720.jpg

Heres my real part tracker, all real parts except the calculator panel so I've used a casio sl80 which is very close. I also have a real part shoulder lamp build which I'm just finishing up now for my marine armour!

Good luck hunting down the remaining parts!

Last edited:
Looks fantastic!! I love how old school prop makers used bits and pieces to make an awesome looking prop! Do you know the make/model of the jack plugs that are used to connect the slide viewer to the kango? Next job is to take apart the sphygomometer (or however you say it!) to get the piece and hope it looks right!

Thanks! They did great with what they had didn't they! The jack is a 1/4 side entry jack. Should find one easy enough on ebay.
Let me know how your pump widget turns out. Im on the hunt for another to make a second tracker one day.

Ive started the opposite way round, bought the calculator about 3 years ago. Just need the rest of the parts..

Edit: see youre selling the lot on ebay. That'd be too easy for me

Last edited:
Thanks! They did great with what they had didn't they! The jack is a 1/4 side entry jack. Should find one easy enough on ebay.
Let me know how your pump widget turns out. Im on the hunt for another to make a second tracker one day.

The pump widget is from the inside of a wall-mounted aneroid sphygmomanometer. I've pulled them out of Accucare branded ones, but I'd imagine they're almost all the same.

As i was collectiong pieces for the Nostromo tracker, i kept coming across parts for the Aliens USMC tracker so i thought i might aswell make the most of these parts being available and start collecting for a future build or i may pass on to someone else.

As you all probably know, this is the bad boy in question-

View attachment 773748

The main body is a Kango 436 hammer drill, i luckily found one on eBay for £30! In good nick, just needs disassembling and cleaning up.

View attachment 773749View attachment 773750

I also bought the Flash, a Vivitaer 2500 Thyristor and a Hama self timer and case, various parts are used on the tracker

View attachment 773751

I also tracked down an Olympus T28 50mm panel, no idea what it is really used for but i found one! £20 was quite pricey but they seemed few and far between so i bit the bullet!

View attachment 773752

On top of the tracker is a JOBO dark room lamp. This piece seems to be mega hard to find but one appeared on eBay on the German site for £25 so i snapped it up.

View attachment 773754

Struggling to find the correct slide viewer - a Hama 3642/B101 model and a Hama remote release model 39402 - i have placed a WTB ad on the RPF.

View attachment 773755View attachment 773756

So far so good!
Hi I'm a out of work bored film armourer that wants something to build I would like to do a tracker I used to have a real one but now the parts are hard to find, do you or anyone on here have any for sale

Hi there, unfortunately i sold what parts i had last year. I tend to enjoy the hunt for parts as opposed to the actual build (odd i know).
I'll keep an eye out for you, do you need all the parts? Cheers, Ben

Just looking on evilbay and found the following if you wanted to start hunting -
Vivitar 2500 Thyristor
Hama self timer (case only)

Hi there, unfortunately i sold what parts i had last year. I tend to enjoy the hunt for parts as opposed to the actual build (odd i know).
Ok cool I've worked in the film industry for a long time and always able to get parts but it seems everything aliens and starwars has gone I had a real pulse rifle and I thought I would do another one but cant get the bits for that either franchis just arnt around. Do you know anyone else that might have bits the viewer is a good start.

Hi there ive been hunting and hunting cant seem to find few parts, the hama slide viewer, the hama remote button and hama 5401 shutter timer

I'm in the same boat, trying to get this guy put together for about three months and I'm falling short on a few parts myself. The Kango drill is proving to be difficult since I can't find many folks in the UK willing to ship to the US, and the Hama remote shutter release is nearly non-existent. I could also use one of those fancy pump widgets. I've got a couple of 70s / 80s wall Sphygmomanometers on order, I'm really banking on most of them using the same parts since the named manufacturers (Accucare and another that I'm forgetting) seem very scarce. If one of them works out I'll post pics and info.

Kingdom for a Kango drill and a Hama shutter release...

When looking at sphygmomanometers, a tell is that there are screws on the right and left of the indicator dial.

If you don't see those screws, don't buy it.

There's one on ebay now for 79 with free shipping.

I have the widget to kango bracket on shapeways when you find one.

Once you find one, you'll need to buy another part to supply the nipple. See attached image.

Attachments

• HMP-Standard-Aneroid-Gauge.jpg
    HMP-Standard-Aneroid-Gauge.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 182
So good news bad news I time. I missed another Kango drill on the eBay, and my none of the sphygmomanometers had the aluminum casing. That being said two of them seem to have the correct nipple, so not a total loss I guess.

IMG_3589.jpg

Thank you noble for the tip on the meters, I think this next one may be a winner.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm a jerk. The sphygmomanometers that had the correct nipple are about $5 a pop on eBay and they look like the picture below.
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone had any luck on locating one of those Hama remote shutter releases (39402)?
If these last couple orders come through, that'll be the last part I need.

Hama-39402-Auslöser-mit-25mm-Klinkenbuchse-remote.jpg

I say "last part", but I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch, still waiting on the arrival of the sphygmomanometer (ordered from India), the Hama B101 slide viewer (order on the way from Japan), and the Kango Drill (should be on it's way soon from the UK thanks to a lot of help).

leenap, If you're still looking, search for "Self-Timer" on eBay, you should come up with something within a week for the mechanical timer. There are two on for sale now (one screen accurate and one with the slightly smalle pivot point), but neither come with the "Made in Japan" clear case. That being said, that case was used on multiple different brands and models of mechanical timers, so you may have to buy another timer for its case.

noble, I found your part on Shapeways, looks great and the order is in!

Thanks again

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back