Rogue One U-Wing - Scarif 1:144

Hemble

Hi All

New Rogue One dio 1:144 scale.
U-wing - is from Bandai and is the 1/144 scale and built straight out of the box. I painted and weathered it using Vallejo paints.

Figures - the rebel troopers are from PEGASUS and are U.S Modern troops, they were in a desert cam and I just used Vallejo paints to repaint them.
The Stormtroopers are from the old AMT Hoth set and I did some sanding to remove the karma's and the back of the helmets and they were painted using Vallejo paints and then given a light wash of matt black.

Base - is from local hardware shop and the sande is a mix of spakfill/sand/Vallejo Iraqui Sand/PVA glue. The palm tree's I got from a bucket of pirates which had all these palm tree's so I removed the palms and the cut the trucks off the bases and then wrapped them in tissue paper and applied watered down PVA glue.

Once the tisse was dry I removed all the palms from the O-ring they were attached to and repainted them, I then painted the trunks and glued the palms back on to the truncks.
The grass tufts are from Army Painter and were perfect for this scale to simulate tall grass, the bushes are from Woodland Scenics and pulled apart and glued in place.

The patches of water left over by the high tide was done using Woodland Scenics and I added a little Vallejo Beige brown to the water once it was poured.

Ron

- - - Updated - - -

6 more pics

Attachments

• gas1.JPG
    gas1.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 400
  • gas2.JPG
    gas2.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 249
  • gas3.JPG
    gas3.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 212
  • gas4.JPG
    gas4.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 205
  • gas5.JPG
    gas5.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 183
  • gas6.JPG
    gas6.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 235
  • gas7.JPG
    gas7.JPG
    179.7 KB · Views: 217
  • gas8.JPG
    gas8.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 234
  • gas9.JPG
    gas9.JPG
    168.6 KB · Views: 177
  • gas10.JPG
    gas10.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 199
  • gas11.JPG
    gas11.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 272
  • gas12.JPG
    gas12.JPG
    171.6 KB · Views: 221
  • gas13.JPG
    gas13.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 242
  • gas14.JPG
    gas14.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 177
  • gas15.JPG
    gas15.JPG
    192.6 KB · Views: 166
  • gas16.JPG
    gas16.JPG
    187.2 KB · Views: 181
Awesome!

Another incredible diorama. Again, the woods, trees and sand look very natural in placement

The only thing I might have done different was maybe a head swap on the "rebels" with the Hoth rebels from the Battle of Hoth kit. To me, they look more like the rogue one soldiers compared to the modern army style helmet

I had been considering a similar diorama, but literally just repainting the hoth rebels in camo

Of course at that scale and with normal viewing though it doesn't really matter much with them being so small and its a really minor thing

Nice! What are your thoughts on the Bandai U-Wing? How detailed is it, and do you know if it fits in well with the other 1/144 models? (I don't think I've ever seen the bottom of the U-wing models, so it's hard to decide on getting one) I wish they made them in 1/72

Awesome!

Another incredible diorama. Again, the woods, trees and sand look very natural in placement

The only thing I might have done different was maybe a head swap on the "rebels" with the Hoth rebels from the Battle of Hoth kit. To me, they look more like the rogue one soldiers compared to the modern army style helmet

I had been considering a similar diorama, but literally just repainting the hoth rebels in camo

Of course at that scale and with normal viewing though it doesn't really matter much with them being so small and its a really minor thing

Cheers Buddy and I never thought of the head swap that is a great idea. The Hoth rebels would be very good in a camo pattern even a medium green for Endor and some light highlights they would look great.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice! What are your thoughts on the Bandai U-Wing? How detailed is it, and do you know if it fits in well with the other 1/144 models? (I don't think I've ever seen the bottom of the U-wing models, so it's hard to decide on getting one) I wish they made them in 1/72

Cheers Dave and the U-wing looks perfect next to the rest of the 1:144 scale kits and the details on the kit are fantastic even the bottom of it has great detail. I agree they should make a 1:72 scale version of it.

Wow, this is a VERY creative and awesome looking dio!! Great Job!!!

Thanks heaps mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Right, but even when full size they are only 820x620. That's tiny.

Tiny and there I thought the size was to big LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Very cool diorama, gives a great perspective on the size.

Cheers mate and yeah you are right the size looks small until you add figures next to it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back