Nostromo Motion Tracker - real parts

shoeben82

So i'm starting a 'little' winter project, collecting as many real parts for the Nostromo Motion Tracker. Will collect as much as possible before starting it!

Tracker3.jpg

I'v sourced an original Panasonic Commando 505 'portable' TV which was used as the main unit of the tracker

505.jpg

The original prop had a 7' drain cover made by Stadium and has a key in the top from an old Vauxhall car - luckily i found these too!

Tracker1.jpg Key1.jpg Drain cover.jpg

On top of the tracker is a guage that for a long time had remained a mystery but thanks to members on the RPF it was identified. Thanks to Birdie and Droidboy for their assistance! Luckily i found a lady in Canada who was breaking a Pioneer QX-949 and had the gsuage in question - $30 later (majority was shipping to UK!), the gauge arrived!
This is mine that arrived :)

Pioneer 1.jpg

Pioneer 2.jpg

And from the original prop

Pionner dial 2.jpg

There is a dial on top of the tracker that was identified as a Beckman 10 turn Potentiometer. I have however read it may be a 15 turn, unsure so any advice woud be appreciated! I managed t source a 10 turn model.

10 turn.jpg

The parts i'm struggling to identify and may have to make are - the main probe, wierd vent like knob thing, screen and display panel and some flat circular discs on the side. Any help would be appreciated!!

Tracker7.jpgTracker6.jpgTracker8.jpg

There are lots of little rectangular chips all over the tracker, about 60 in total. Very grateful for Steve L (FB) that has kindly replicated them until i find out what the original pieces are!

Tracker12.jpg

Attachments

• Pionner dial.jpg
    Pionner dial.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 373
Love this! I started buying the pieces a few years back but my project lost steam. You've inspired me to revisit the project.
I'm very interested in your progress!

I pretty much have what you have (Steve lived about 8 miles from me until I moved to Texas). The two pieces you have that I really need are the Pioneer QX-949 and the Potentiometer. :cry

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back