A L I E N Narcissus *Completed*

Thanks Joberg!
Wait until the primer goes on!
I'm hoping it will be indistinguishable from the orginal.

Working my way around the back of the ship.
Both the lower rear quarter panels are now complete.

Capture174.jpg Capture175.jpg

Capture176.jpg Capture177.jpg

Capture178.jpg

Next up will be the area forward of the lower engines - that will then finish up work on the underside.

I've added the last few pieces to the area in front of the lower engines....and the underside is done!

I can't wait to put some primer on it now.
I had planned to give it a spray today, but the weather is not playing nice (storms and rain). I'm hoping to get a chance later in the week.
Once that is done, I plan to take some photos to compare against the original at the same stage of construction.
Having digitally matched all the reference photos, I know the exact (relative) locations of the camera to the model, as well as the focal distances.
I'll set my camera up in exactly the same location using the same settings to get a true comparison photo!.

In the meantime here are the latest progress shots...

Capture179.jpg

Capture180.jpg

Capture181.jpg

Capture182.jpg

Capture184.jpg

Last edited:
This is an incredible build!!! Looks amazing
It looks so good with all that detail!! It’s spot on.
Keep up the great work.

Dave

I took a small detour these past few days to ID a couple of parts that I spotted in the shadows of the reference images.

I only had two photos of the mystery part, each only showing a (slightly different) partial view.
I had no clue what the parts could be, but this is where having a photo matched 3D model comes into its own.
Modelling over the reference images, I created a part with the exact size and shape of the unknown piece.
Armed with this info, I then went trawling through my kit scans and lo and behold, I found the part - an exact match!.

With those parts now completing the underside of the ship, I finally got to put the primer on
1f642.png

I will post a comparison with the original model tomorrow.

Capture185.jpg

Capture186.jpg

That's some VERY interesting technique for bringing back old models. Beautiful work.

Thank you!
Yeah, some of the software availbale these days is pretty amazing, allowing you to do things that only a few years ago were impossible.

As promised, here is the comparison photo with the original model (at the same stage of construction).
I'm pretty happy with the match.

Capture188.jpg

I continue to make minor tweaks as I go, but I think this will only end when the model is finally finished - which I hope is not too far away!

The clamp assembly covering the top armature opening doesn't appear to match well, but this is because it was later shortened to fit into the release arm that Martin Bower built for it.

Capture189.jpg

Capture190.jpg

Next up, is detailing the top side...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back