Chronicles of Riddick Boot Knife - Finished!

Re: Chronicles of Riddick Boot Knife - WIP

That they will. hell your whole collection rocks cool...keep em coming brother...:thumbsup

Great work and thanks for all the pics.... I really don't understand the hate that Chronicles gets. I for one love the film (in fact all the Riddick films)

That they will. hell your whole collection rocks cool...keep em coming brother...:thumbsup

Thanks again. Here's the Riddick weapons (up top) that I have back in NZ...

2XoDfXB.jpg

The Kit Rae weapon just right of centre was used in Chronicles. Yet to redo the grips and weather it...

yAC2q3e.jpg

D0khtOR.png

Then I managed to pick up a Meca Rifle in Toronto. Stoked as I've wanted one for ages! I really want a hero, but this stunt will have to do for now...

3DGRO87.jpg

sCUGWpP.jpg

hcDUgJv.jpg

Now that the handle is all weathered I was unsure exactly what to do with the blade as it's too shiny as is...

fzQA9Ac.jpg

I knew I didn't want to paint it, it's already beautiful stainless steel, it would be a crime to paint! And I was happy keeping the UC markings as it shows it's heritage. Besides, most of my replica swords and daggers have markings. So I simply took to it with some sandpaper, first some 600, then 800. I love the result as it brought out the imperfections in the blade, dulled the shine a little and gives it a great overall look.

So here she is, finished...

yocexJS.jpg

UB3OUTP.jpg

9zOSrEx.jpg

ya5Syrw.jpg

PjhrxCR.jpg

PZuPLwl.jpg

8jAdnR3.jpg

yah2jd4.jpg

Hope you guys like it.

And just for fun, a before and after...

qmzCBNl.jpg

And a comparison to the original prop...

Tqd95vj.jpg

I think I like mine better. Ha ha. ;)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back