Fantastic Beasts 2 - Dumbledore’s Wand?

The "the Wand chooses the wizard" thing doesn't make any sense in relation to the Elder Wand.

That Wand doesn't choose it's owner. It submits to whomever "wins" it.

The "the Wand chooses the wizard" thing doesn't make any sense in relation to the Elder Wand.

That Wand doesn't choose it's owner. It submits to whomever "wins" it.

Actually, the wand choosing the wizard still makes sense in the lore behind the Elder Wand. This wand seeks out the wizard who has the most power. Because of that, those wizards and witches who seek to gain the most power are drawn to it, but really they are the ones for whom the wand will work best. We know only of one instance when the wand was beaten in a duel, and that is the 1945 duel between Dumbledore and Grindelwald. One can only assume that Dumbledore's power was greater than Grindelwald's, and that the wand sensed that and thus its allegiance shifted.

I printed a the main spiral part of the wand out today. Printed really well! 0.06 layer height and 15mm/s speed. Took ~10 hours to print this part! Super happy with how it came out!

2018-09-26 20.00.52.jpg
WhillB - Not really true. It resisted Voldemort, and actually worked against him in Harry's favour. It chose him, I guess..?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really true. It resisted Voldemort, and actually worked against him in Harry's favour. It chose him, I guess..?

But not necessarily because Harry was stronger, rather because Harry had previously taken malfoys wand, after Dumbledore had allowed Malloy to disarm him of the elder wand. Its allegiance to Harry rather than Voldemort was really only on a technicality. :shrug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just found a new quote from syfy wire who were also at the fan event, who say Pierre Bohanna explained Dumbledore's wand a little bit as being "comparable to a root clump" and made of "hard ebony" Just thought you ought to know

I carved out the rough shape for the wand, now to finish it up! All done with a pocket knife and dremel tool

Woah! Awesome!

But not necessarily because Harry was stronger, rather because Harry had previously taken malfoys wand, after Dumbledore had allowed Malloy to disarm him of the elder wand. Its allegiance to Harry rather than Voldemort was really only on a technicality. :shrug:

Yeah, you're right!

I've printed the initial, I guess, prototype of Dumbledores Wand. I've already made some changes to the model, made a few things a little thicker, increased some tolerances etc...

2018-09-27 20.18.22.jpg

V2 of the Dumbledore Wand printed. Handle is separate from the wand still. Will be fixed at the end. I'll probably get the handle sanded smooth, and then cast it in resin. Wand will remain 3D printed. Not sure how I'd go about casting the wand anyway. You can see compared to V1 a few changes made. I've made the bottom of the main wand a little thicker, and also thickened up the top part of the wand a little.

2018-09-30 14.25.37.jpg

Next step is to sand the wand smooth, which should be a pretty simple job honestly. I'll probably go in with a dremel and blend the join a little better too.

Something I'm looking at experimenting with in the near future is commission work, and I think this may be something very doable, as it can be made from start to finish pretty quick, especially If I make a cast of the handle part; cuts a lot of time off turnover. Results should also be pretty consistent.

IMG_5056.PNG
New cover of Empire magazine shows the wand again, but I'm pretty sure this image has been photoshopped because the end of the handle 1. looks different and 2. looks way too long. The wand really should end in his fingers where Jude Law is holding it, but apparently it didnt look that good for the cover so they added an extra section? I'm hoping that this is the case and not that there is yet another wand design with an extended handle

Wand handle mould was a success! First pull had a few issues, but I got a near perfect result from the second! Gonna spend the day making a few of these. They cure in 30-60mins so, should be able to churn a few out.

2018-10-09 09.42.47.jpg2018-10-09 10.37.49.jpg2018-10-09 10.37.57.jpg2018-10-09 12.51.29.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back