3D Printing a Pflager-Katsumata Series D (Blade Runner Blaster) (Work in Progress)

NorthernIndie

Jr Member
I'm going to try and keep my progress on this separate from my functionality thread, which helped me figure out how it would work, or at least how I believe it to work.

I have a friend with a 3D Printer, and the school I go to has a technology showcase where they have a couple, so we're dividing up the print-work between the two places.

We're using Andrew Forster's design: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/deckards-blaster-blade-runner-5694

And supplementing it with Mike Milner's version of the clip/LED Housing thingy: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/46657

Which, I'm sure the hard-line collectors will note, is subtly different than an "official" PKD. It's missing one of the little greebies on the bolt side, and on the cylinder side it's got a little latch to keep it from swinging out.

I have resolved to call this an "Off World" Model, because the colonial restrictions are tighter.

Anyway, we're printing the big things at school, only the ones that don't immediately scream "gun parts," and I put the first batch in the que yesterday, should have them in a week and a half. Then I can get the next batch in, which should leave the little parts, and the grips, the cylinder, and possibly the Mannlicher Receiver (which are pretty obvious as to what they are) for my friend to do.

I suspect this will be done in a variety of colors, so painting will be even more necessary than if I had printed them out in appropriate colors. I was thinking of using just silver Rub and Buff for the Mannlicher Receiver, thoughts?

I want a smooth texture, what do you guys suggest to attempt that? Without compromising the fit of the parts?

Re: 3D Printing a Pflager-Katsumata Series D (Blade Runner Blaster) (Work in Progress

A good quality print is a good start. If you are using abs to print with then you can use acetone vapor to smooth it. I built this same model before the modified clip was added. I used acetone smoothing wet sanding and lots of priming and sanding. I used Bondo and red glazing putty also. If you need any help let me know.

Re: 3D Printing a Pflager-Katsumata Series D (Blade Runner Blaster) (Work in Progress

I know it gets thrown around generically but you maybe don't want to call it an actual "Pflager-Katsumata" for this application as that's copyrighted by Rick Ross.

After some revisions, it shall be known as the Rademacher-Straub Police Special (or Colonial Enforcer, depending on destination/factory location). Initialed after Ridley Scott.

If an Admin could just rename the thread "3D Printing a Blade Runner Blaster (A Work in Progress)" please, I'd appreciate it. :)

Got my first batch of parts from the lab, and submitted the next batch! Pics later. :)

Slow going on this. The school refused my second batch, for exactly the reason you'd expect. :$:lol

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back