Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Subscribe
  1. RPF Premium Member reelprops's Avatar
    From
    Retired
    1 Week Ago  Dec 4, 2017, 9:46 AM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #76

seelsa73 said: View Post
    I think he was talking about the scene where Alfred is fixing the car and Superman shows up.
    Yup. Thatís the one cut!

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From
    San Diego
    6 Days Ago  Dec 4, 2017, 3:58 PM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #77

@Fawbish Man you remind me of Flanders from the Simpsons. "The good vs the not so good". Its not bad vs good. "Cant we just call him the boy who doesnt win?"
  3. RPF Premium Member
    6 Days Ago  Dec 4, 2017, 4:31 PM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #78

Snikt said: View Post
    @Fawbish Man you remind me of Flanders from the Simpsons. "The good vs the not so good". Its not bad vs good. "Cant we just call him the boy who doesnt win?"
    We could all do with a bit more Flanders around
    From
    L.A.
    4 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 5:41 AM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #79

Finally got around to watching this. I liked it. Didn't love it, probably won't be seeing it again, but I liked it.

I feel like the last 20 minutes or so of the movie is what the DCCU should have been this entire time.. they've finally hit their stride.
    I was a bit disappointed by how lackluster the villain was, and how poorly done the CGI was.. Steppenwolf could have easily been a practical makeup. It also seemed like Ben was almost exhausted being a part of this.. he had a very uncharismatic performance. I think this is the last time we'll see him as Batman which is unfortunate as I thought the solo movie had everything lining up to make a great Batman story. Henry Cavil has finally become Superman to me and I really hope we get a Man of Steel 2.

I wonder where they go from here. Recast Batman, and make a few more solo stories? I think they better back pedal hard on Darkseid. If that's what they're banking on for Justice League 2... if we get that far... I think they're gonna have a bad time.
    From
    Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
    1 Day Ago  Dec 10, 2017, 12:22 AM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #80

Well, I'm always happy to eat crow... even if it's more a mouthful of feathers than the whole bird.

Just finished watching it and there was definitely some good in it.

The Good:
    I actually liked Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman A LOT more than I expected. I think for as much as Aquaman is made fun of he was actually really cool in this.

CG Cyborg wasn't as bad as I expected either. I was glad at the end scene though.

cyborg.jpg

I didn't think Affleck was as bad as some people described. He's doing the Bruce Wayne that's been Batman for 20 years. The Bruce Wayne that had practically lost his way by BvS, was the reason Superman was killed and the world lost hope, and was given some redemption in this movie. I think if the film does well and the critics don't tear this movie apart like BvS he might stick around. If he doesn't see a future in the role then, yeah, I see him ditching out. Which would be super-lame given that this movie actually gives some traction to the franchise.

Wonder Woman was awesome but I appreciated that, given the success of her solo film, they didn't push her too far in front. There was a pretty good balance of characters in this movie.

Some of the dialogue was pretty cool... mainly the scene where they're discussing whether to bring Superman back.
    The end race scene was also awesome. "If I win, you're off the team." DAMN!!

The resurrection scene was cool. I would have rather it have been something closer to the comics. But... whatever. I guess it worked. I think it's funny that the Kryptonian ship is still parked in the middle of the city... but I guess that's more realistic than Star Labs having it picked up or taken apart and put back together in another location.

The Bad:
    No mention of Apokolips or Darkseid? I thought that's where the mother boxes come from. I didn't get the impression that this character was the same one from the comics. He was pretty one-dimensional. Not indication of being a real leader. The parademons were hardly being led by him... evident at the end. They were mindless minions that were drawn to fear. What's the point of a franchise if you don't create some connective tissue. Seems like this was written with no long game in mind like the Marvel films.

The Ugly:
    I don't know what to put into the ugly in all honest.
    Probably the worst part of this movie was... the marketing.
    The story didn't have a huge amount of depth. There's a world ending force. It can't be fought with regular people. We need a team of supers... including the dead one. But that's almost every comic movie in some way or another.
    The CG wasn't horrible... but toward the end in the area being torn up, it was a little much. In all honesty, it was no more distracting than Guardians of the Galaxy.
    How about this for the ugly... the Bat-Bulge!!

batboner.jpg
    Last edited by Father; 1 Day Ago at 12:33 AM.
    From
    Hull
    1 Day Ago  Dec 10, 2017, 1:38 AM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #81

Did anyone else get a Hooper vibe when he brought the big chimney down?
  7. RPF Premium Member Lost in Trek's Avatar
    1 Day Ago  Dec 10, 2017, 9:37 AM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #82

Father said: View Post
    The Bad:
    No mention of Apokolips or Darkseid?
    Steppenwolf does mention Darkseid, but just once.
  8. Member Since
    Nov 2010
    From
    CNY
    14 Hours Ago  Dec 10, 2017, 9:12 PM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #83

Lost in Trek said: View Post
    Steppenwolf does mention Darkseid, but just once.
    Watched it for the second today...still didn't hear that. Also, someone needs to point out to me the upper lip thing because I only noticed it in two scenes and not nearly enough to pull me out of the movie. And I was looking for it!
  9. RPF Premium Member Lost in Trek's Avatar
    14 Hours Ago  Dec 10, 2017, 9:38 PM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #84

Watched it for the second today...still didn't hear that. Also, someone needs to point out to me the upper lip thing because I only noticed it in two scenes and not nearly enough to pull me out of the movie. And I was looking for it!
    I've seen JL 5 times (yep liked it that much)... and Steppenwolf mentions Darkseid once.
    From
    Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
    11 Hours Ago  Dec 11, 2017, 12:46 AM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #85

Haha... I didn't notice it either. Maybe on a bluray or 4k when you can pause it and really stare hard?

Lost in Trek said: View Post
    I've seen JL 5 times (yep liked it that much)... and Steppenwolf mentions Darkseid once.
    I didn't notice, but if he did, he did. It wasn't much of a connection either way. I feel like he should have been acting as the harbinger for the next phase of an invasion from Darkseid. Maybe I'm thinking too much into this.

I also didn't see the Lex end credit scene... by the look of it, though, I didn't miss much.
    From
    London, England, UK
    9 Hours Ago  Dec 11, 2017, 2:31 AM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #86

WB destroyed this movie themselves. They should have left the deleted scenes in, in particular scenes which explain the Flash and Cyborg's origins.
    They should have released what was originally intended instead of trying to please people who are never happy even if you give them what they want. They always make some excuse to hate on the film, so should have went with Snyders original movie.

On top of that, Joss Whedon (I think) or whovever was reshooting failed to check Continuity of basic things like the actors wigs and clothing. His lack of visual flair and almost generic style TV filming was jarring in contrast to the cinematic scenes from Snyder. Also, the not so subtle forced humor was at times embarrasing. I felt sorry for Affleck at points, some of the script written by Joss Whedon was insulting, it didn't belong in this universe,especially after viewing the previous two Snyder movies.

Another messy aspect is the music. I thought the Elfman music was completely innapropriate and at times bordering on embarrasing, and the previous Zimmer and Junkie XL scores were more suited to these characters. Elfman has a big ego and couldn't handle that other composers have come up with themes that are more suitable for this particular incarnation than his 80s themes.

Another thing that pisses me off is the blame being banded about on Snyder. You have to remember, he was originally only a director for hire on Man of Steel, that movie was Nolan and Goyer and all Snyder did was direct. WB had a mandate of continuing the real world style realism of Nolan's Batman trilogy.

The fact they then pin the blame of Snyder who delivered exactly what they wanted on Batman v Superman, then was continuing on Justice League smacks of a disgraceful studio inteference. If they wanted a jovial Marvel type universe then they should have done it from the start, not mess around and hound the director for building a vision.

From what many have said, the finished Justice League cut by Snyder was no where near as dark as Batman v Superman, it just didn't have the cheap jokes that Whedon likes to have in his movies. It seems like WB lost their balls and allowed mythical internet critics to dictate what should be put out as a final product.

Big shame really.