Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    India
    4 Weeks Ago  Nov 14, 2017, 11:00 AM - Justice League (Post-release) #1

This is the post-release thread for Justice League with spoiler discussion.

JUSTICE LEAGUE - Official Heroes Trailer - YouTube

3 Weeks Ago  Nov 16, 2017, 4:25 PM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #2

OK I want to know who Alfred was talking to in the trailer. Everyone assumes it was Superman, was it?
  3. RPF Premium Member reelprops's Avatar
    From
    Retired
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 16, 2017, 9:07 PM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #3

Cody1138 said: View Post
    OK I want to know who Alfred was talking to in the trailer. Everyone assumes it was Superman, was it?
    Cut out!!! Non existent

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From
    The Land of Giant Oaks,ca
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 16, 2017, 9:16 PM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #4

Sitting here waiting for the start......
  5. RPF Premium Member streetjudge79's Avatar
    From
    Florida
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 16, 2017, 11:06 PM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #5

Just came back from it. It was a fun movie, Superman really shined in it for the few minutes he showed up. Wasn't the best superhero movie, but much better than BVS and Man of Steel. Stay to the very end, great post credit scene after the credits. The humor was kept to a minimum which was good. Not a complete comedy fest like Thor Ragnarok. I'll definitely be giving it a second watch, apparently Linda Carter makes a cameo at the end of the film that I missed but a friend caught. There was one very cringeworthy scene at the very beginning of the film with Superman. It was obvious that the mustache got erased and his face looked really strange from the CGI treatment. They should have spent more money on doing it right. It was horrendous.
    From
    The Twilight Zone
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 16, 2017, 11:35 PM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #6

streetjudge79 said: View Post
    Just came back from it. It was a fun movie, Superman really shined in it for the few minutes he showed up. Wasn't the best superhero movie, but much better than BVS and Man of Steel. Stay to the very end, great post credit scene after the credits. The humor was kept to a minimum which was good. Not a complete comedy fest like Thor Ragnarok. I'll definitely be giving it a second watch, apparently Linda Carter makes a cameo at the end of the film that I missed but a friend caught. There was one very cringeworthy scene at the very beginning of the film with Superman. It was obvious that the mustache got erased and his face looked really strange from the CGI treatment. They should have spent more money on doing it right. It was horrendous.
    I know exactly what scene you're referring to, I remember thinking the same thing! Luckily it appeared to be a lot better later in the film. I liked it and thought it was a fun film, definitely not as good as Wonder Woman but still a lot of fun. I personally thought the second half was much better than the first.
    From
    South East
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 17, 2017, 1:23 AM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #7

Ok I want to get in before ppl start bashing it I gotta say I LOVED IT!
    Affleck NAILED wayne/Batman!

This whole movie felt like a tonal/thematic reboot or refresh and lightened up the tone of these DC movies!
    Danny Elfman did a great job with the score.
    All the heroes were great. It seemed like everyone had a decent amount of screen time

From
    Long Beach, CA, US
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 17, 2017, 2:13 AM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #8

Just got back from seeing it. Pretty enjoyable. I had pretty low expectations, so overall it definitely exceeded them. Really the only problems I had were the crappy CGI concerning erasing Cavill's mustache and then Steppenwolf as a villain. He was pretty lame. Between Lex, Ares, and now Steppenwolf, they still havent got the villain just right. It was fun movie, though. Not as good as the best MCU film, but much better than some of the lesser ones. It really felt like the Justice League animated show. It had that type of feeling. It didnt try to take itself too seriously and try to be something more than it should. I'd definitely see it again. The 2 end credit scenes were great!
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 17, 2017, 9:07 AM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #9

JoeG said: View Post
    Between Lex, Ares, and now Steppenwolf, they still havent got the villain just right.
    Don't forget about Enchantress
  10. Member Since
    Aug 2014
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 17, 2017, 12:59 PM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #10

The Superman mustache off CGI complaints are overblown. If you had no idea that it happened or the news story behind it, would you really notice? There may have been a scene or two if you were looking for it, something may have seemed odd. But partly it was me looking for it. I loved how the opening scene of a kid talking to Superman before his death on his camera humanized him more Superman smiles more, he laughs. That's what he needed.
    From
    Long Beach, CA, US
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 17, 2017, 1:04 PM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #11

I had totally forgot about the mustache thing until the opening scene. The CGI in that scene was horrendous. Then, after that, whenever Supes was on screen, it was pretty obvious which scenes had been edited and which hadn't.
  12. Formerly Jedi Prop Maker13 Sporkey's Avatar
    From
    Fort Collins
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 17, 2017, 1:10 PM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #12

matthewdelacruz said: View Post
    Don't forget about Enchantress
    I've been trying so hard to do just that.

As for Justice League, I'm going to be in the minority, but I honestly enjoyed the hell out of it. As reference, I thought Man of Steel and Wonder Woman were mediocre, BVS was pretty good as long as you watched the extended edition and Suicide Squad was an abomination of cinema.

Steppenwolf was a weak villain, but was primarily set up for the bigger threats to come, which I'm kind of okay with. The Mustachegate was a real problem though, as I could tell every scene that they had to CG his face and it was terribly distracting. I really enjoyed the dynamic between the various members of the league, the action was fun, and of course Zack Snyder has a hell of an eye for visuals, which were great. I also think this is the best representation of Superman in the DCEU so far. He didn't brood all over the place, cracked a few jokes, and actually went out of his way to save civilians.

I think I will have to see it again to form my final opinion, but currently this is sitting at my second best of the DC movies.
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 17, 2017, 2:50 PM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #13

well, just came back from it, and I gotta say, I had a great time with it. Those visuals were something else, especially the Flash scenes
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 17, 2017, 3:18 PM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #14

Just watched it. It was great!

I just gotta say this now, I laughed so hard at the found footage at the start of the movie. That CGI mouth was just too funny.

The first half was a bit of a drag. Mainly because they're new characters who we don't know anything about, it's like they were forcing us to care about them. But as it progresses, it gets better. Steppenwolf was just there to further the plot. CGI was pretty bad and overused. The whole intro scene with Batfleck looked completely CG, even he looked CG. Story was meh, they didn't give us more information about the Mother Boxes to make us actually care for or be afraid of them. I love the Flash but I didn't see his purpose. They didn't really give him much to do other than save a few people who didn't seem like they were actually in danger.

I am confused though about Superman actually being dead. Why did the dirt lift off the casket in the BvS if he was dead? Also, why did Clark want to kill Batman? I mean... after the Martha thing, they seemed like they were okay. And correct me if I'm wrong, but did Clark blame his death on Bruce? That's kinda messed up because he chose to further impale himself to save the world. Take away everything that Batman did in BvS, Lex still would have created Doomsday.

But overall, I enjoyed it. It's not a perfect film but it's far from a train wreck.
  15. Member Since
    Nov 2015
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 17, 2017, 3:48 PM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #15

My overall thoughts are: It's fine.
    I'd middle of the pack for MCU movies. Characterizations were GREAT! No understatement there. One thing I was worried about was the characters actually talking to each other but that was great. I also LOVED the Amazon part.

However, didn't care for that family in Russia, the whole unity thing was dumb. Separating the boxes was dumb and I didn't like how they resurrected Superman. It's like if any character dies now we can revive them like that.

Surely a step in the right direction and definately the end of the Snyder era. Can't wait to see what Johns and Wan do with Aquaman!
    From
    Orlando
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 17, 2017, 4:15 PM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #16

To Henry Cavill: What's wrong with your face?!

Not a comics guy but I enjoyed it. Didn't care for CGI Steppenwolf or his flying monkeys.

Must Superman have every power? Now he's as fast as the Flash?
  17. RPF Premium Member reelprops's Avatar
    From
    Retired
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 17, 2017, 4:19 PM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #17

Here’s a question. Does ANYONE read comics anymore???

Reel

3 Weeks Ago  Nov 17, 2017, 4:41 PM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #18

edge10 said: View Post
    Must Superman have every power? Now he's as fast as the Flash?
    That's always been a thing in the comics and animated shows. If I remember correctly, there was this one time where they were racing and Flash just says that he's just been letting Superman win all the time and then he storms off like 100x faster
    From
    Orlando
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 17, 2017, 4:51 PM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #19

That's always been a thing in the comics and animated shows. If I remember correctly, there was this one time where they were racing and Flash just says that he's just been letting Superman win all the time and then he storms off like 100x faster
    I don't have a problem with Superman being fast but he was operating at the same speed as the Flash, watching him as he moved at super speed. To me, it makes Superman a bore. Write yourself into a hole, just give him another super power.

Just my $0.02. As I said, I'm not a comics reader/fan.
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 17, 2017, 5:01 PM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #20

edge10 said: View Post
    I don't have a problem with Superman being fast but he was operating at the same speed as the Flash, watching him as he moved at super speed. To me, it makes Superman a bore. Write yourself into a hole, just give him another super power.

Just my $0.02. As I said, I'm not a comics reader/fan.
    I agree with you. I find Superman to be the most boring superhero because... well he's got everything. He's strong, he can fly, he's got laser eyes, he's fast, and he's also invulnerable. His only physical weakness is a rare alien material which conveniently ends up on the earth. I'm not a comic reader either

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, did anyone else hope that the "big guns" meant dropping Lois Lane from the edge of a building?
    From
    Belgium
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 17, 2017, 5:42 PM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #21

I am confused though about Superman actually being dead. Why did the dirt lift off the casket in the BvS if he was dead? Also, why did Clark want to kill Batman? I mean... after the Martha thing, they seemed like they were okay. And correct me if I'm wrong, but did Clark blame his death on Bruce? That's kinda messed up because he chose to further impale himself to save the world. Take away everything that Batman did in BvS, Lex still would have created Doomsday.

But overall, I enjoyed it. It's not a perfect film but it's far from a train wreck.
    Don’t know about the dirt, probably just a visual for Snyder to foreshadow his return, but not much afterthought. But when he got back, he was confused, and slowly remembering who he is and what happened. Until Lois showed up, and probably was remembering Batman trying to murder him, and not the really the later team up ! Seems like Batman deed traumatize him a bit, maybe more than Doomsday... And I don’t think he blames Bruce, although Bruce blames himself. Loved this whole sequence by the way, Superman’s power was off the chart, and loved his dialogue to Bruce “you won’t let me live, and you won’t let me die !”

Any way, I said what I wanted to say in the non spoiler thread, but essentially it was very enjoyable, and I really want a director’s cut, giving is back what was cut to make it 2 hours. A little bit more breathing room might be beneficial.

to answer about the scene with Alfred talking, wasn’t in the movie but I’m fairly certain it was to Superman, after he went on to Kensas, he probably went to the bat cave to help Bruce, found Alfred “he said you would come”, and Alfred directed them to Russia where the team was fighting.
  22. RPF Premium Member
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 17, 2017, 6:34 PM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #22

I think my overall impression after first viewing is: it is not exactly what I wanted from the last film in this trilogy, especially in regards to a certain someone. Which is ridiculous as I'm the first to tell people not to have preconceptions - and I did manage to clear my head going in, and I'm fine with it now too. And yet - utterly delightful in most regards and I love what it is overall. I'm looking forward to multiple viewings, it was entertaining throughout with some awesome moments, and I was grinning like a loon at many parts. There's a ton I have to process before I settle on how I feel about it. I hope it follows the tradition of the rest of the DCEU for me and I go from enjoying it immediately to simply gets better with each viewing as more unpacks (with the exception of Suicide Squad that got a little better with 2nd viewing, but each since has remained static). I love the characters and the big beating heart in the film, and whilst I won't deny some of the CGI was uneven, most of it was utterly phenomenal and breathtaking. The villain is absolutely fine but basic, and I think what was needed to concentrate on the team.

I'll always yearn for the full Snyder vision uninhibited by anything, but it is what it is now, and I feel incredibly sad for him that he has had to endure his daughter's suicide, and then not be able to finish what was clearly a string of projects that must mean the world to him and his crew.

Main downsides for me - 2 hour runtime. I completely followed it, it was fast and lean, but I just want more time in this world. And to be honest, Danny Elfman. This is not his strongest work by a lot and I'll forever feel a bit sore about a) Hans not wishing to finish the trilogy and b) replacing Junkie XL, who was established with the previous work.

It sounds utterly cliche but if they can build on this as they expand it will make for some wonderful films in the future.
  23. RPF Premium Member The Mad Professor's Avatar
    From
    Tampa Bay Area, FL
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 17, 2017, 6:57 PM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #23

Well, I went and saw it today in IMAX.

Much like BvS, I went in with low expectations, and much like BvS, I was pleasantly surprised at how good it actually was.
    I'm not saying that it was a fantastic movie, because it wasn't. It had its flaws, like most movies, but I felt that things came together better than they did in BvS, and it was overall a solid film that was worth the price of admission.

Seeing Superman being in a non-depressed state of mind was nice. By the end of the film, I could see Cavill's performance leaning towards more of the genuine nice guy we all know Superman to be instead of the depressed guy with powers who was stuck in a rut.

Still not sold on The Flash, but that might be more due to Grant Gustin's outstanding performance in the show.

Batman and Wonder Woman were rock solid, with Bruce showing more of a traditional Batman persona than the murderbot we had in BvS.

Cyborg was a solid character with room to grow, same with Aquaman.

One of the things I felt that truly stood out in the film was the score. Danny Elfman and Junkie XL did the film's music, and I was very happy to hear strains of the 1989 Batman film when Batman was in action on screen.
  24. RPF Premium Member
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 17, 2017, 7:01 PM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #24

teragon said: View Post
    Don’t know about the dirt, probably just a visual for Snyder to foreshadow his return, but not much afterthought. But when he got back, he was confused, and slowly remembering who he is and what happened. Until Lois showed up, and probably was remembering Batman trying to murder him, and not the really the later team up ! Seems like Batman deed traumatize him a bit, maybe more than Doomsday... And I don’t think he blames Bruce, although Bruce blames himself. Loved this whole sequence by the way, Superman’s power was off the chart, and loved his dialogue to Bruce “you won’t let me live, and you won’t let me die !”

Any way, I said what I wanted to say in the non spoiler thread, but essentially it was very enjoyable, and I really want a director’s cut, giving is back what was cut to make it 2 hours. A little bit more breathing room might be beneficial.

to answer about the scene with Alfred talking, wasn’t in the movie but I’m fairly certain it was to Superman, after he went on to Kensas, he probably went to the bat cave to help Bruce, found Alfred “he said you would come”, and Alfred directed them to Russia where the team was fighting.
    I'm already starting to build up my defenses on the film. Haha.

Currently after one viewing, I'm happy to accept that for that scene, we saw Kal El unleashed. We saw someone who was confused, angry and lashing out at what he thought were threats. Going to show just how much he holds back usually (a variation on the cardboard speech without the speech)

I still have to process so much of this! But I must admit, I absolutely loved it when his eyes started turning towards the Flash.

I also believe that a young, impetuous Flash who trips on stuff occasionally will eventually be so far beyond Superman's speed it will be laughable. At this stage, I think it worked, just about, although it would have been good to see Flash having that edge of speed.
  25. RPF Premium Member
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 17, 2017, 7:07 PM - Re: Justice League (Post-release) #25

The Mad Professor said: View Post

Cyborg was a solid character with room to grow, same with Aquaman.

One of the things I felt that truly stood out in the film was the score. Danny Elfman and Junkie XL did the film's music, and I was very happy to hear strains of the 1989 Batman film when Batman was in action on screen.
    Cyborg stood out a lot to me, really enjoyed his introduction.

And I'm fairly certain Junkie XL is only responsible for the previously done stuff like the Credits music - I dont think they used/he got chance to put anything together for the score?

- - - Updated - - -

Pikezer1337 said: View Post
    My overall thoughts are: It's fine.
    I'd middle of the pack for MCU movies. Characterizations were GREAT! No understatement there. One thing I was worried about was the characters actually talking to each other but that was great. I also LOVED the Amazon part.

However, didn't care for that family in Russia, the whole unity thing was dumb. Separating the boxes was dumb and I didn't like how they resurrected Superman. It's like if any character dies now we can revive them like that.

Surely a step in the right direction and definately the end of the Snyder era. Can't wait to see what Johns and Wan do with Aquaman!
    They specifically mention that Kryptonian cells don't degrade - hence why Clark's body is pretty much perfect condition when they dig it up. So I don't think just anyone can be brought back. Especially if you dont have massive power available and a Motherbox/birthing chamber.