Iron Man Mark XLVI - what paint for the silver color?

myawn

I've searched and found a couple of paint-color threads, but didn't see any discussion of the "silver" color on the Mark XLVI.

From screen captures, and looking at photos of the Hot Toys 1/6th scale collectible, the color that isn't red or gold on the suit doesn't really look silver.

In some shots it almost looks brown -- maybe it's a bronze color? I've also seen it described as a 'dark silver', but looking at some colors with that description, none looks like a good match to me.

Has someone come up with a color that they're happy with? I'm using the Duplicolor Dark Cherry Metallic for the red, and the Duplicolor Sunburst Gold for the gold, which seem to be the most popular choices. I've only done the helmet so far so I didn't need to choose a silver paint yet.

Thanks for any suggestions
Mike

I've searched and found a couple of paint-color threads, but didn't see any discussion of the "silver" color on the Mark XLVI.

From screen captures, and looking at photos of the Hot Toys 1/6th scale collectible, the color that isn't red or gold on the suit doesn't really look silver.

In some shots it almost looks brown -- maybe it's a bronze color? I've also seen it described as a 'dark silver', but looking at some colors with that description, none looks like a good match to me.

Has someone come up with a color that they're happy with? I'm using the Duplicolor Dark Cherry Metallic for the red, and the Duplicolor Sunburst Gold for the gold, which seem to be the most popular choices. I've only done the helmet so far so I didn't need to choose a silver paint yet.

Thanks for any suggestions
Mike
I made a full size mk45 suit and used gunmetal gray for some areas.

Skickat från min S8 via Tapatalk

I used TS-42 for silver and TS-84 for gold
Both are Tamiya Spray Paint

21761577_10207466849987962_4011386800885163296_n.jpg

21766575_10207466849107940_9022597782067018082_n.jpg

21766448_10207466850747981_2890862464390176161_n.jpg

If you want the paint they used, Shrapnel from Imperial Surface Technologies.

Alclad's dark aluminum is fine if you have an airbrush. If you don't, Michael's sells a good silver color called Liquid Leaf.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back