First Foam Prop! Steampunk Arm

13doctorwho

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
A friend asked me to design and build a Steampunk Robotic Arm. He's going to Renaissance Festival for they're Steampunk weekend. He came up with a character and back story that was pretty cool.

He wanted foam so it will be light as he was wearing all day outside. It was my first time working with foam mats, so it was an interesting experience. I definitely want to do more foam props! Take a look and let me know you think.

View attachment Steampunk Robotic Arm.jpg

The design is wonderful! If I could offer any constructive criticism, I'd suggest adding a little texture to the weathering, maybe some pva glue with a little sand sprinkled over it to give you the look of rust, also maybe adding some verdigris accents to really make that copper pop! Other than that, well done, doesn't look the least bit like foam!

Thank you. I thought about adding some green, but I didn't want to go overboard. Texture and a little rust is a good idea. If I had more time I would have experimented more. Maybe on my next foam prop. I just have to decide what that is!!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back