Accurate cockpit for deago falcon

steven giunta

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been building the deago falcon and I am digging the overall look of the model. But there's one thing that's been driving me nuts,the cockpit. It looks good but I would rather have an accurate prop,the 32 inch Falcons cockpit looked nothing like they supply. Does anybody know which parts were used to kitbashed the cockpit?or is there anyone that could 3D print an accurate cockpit?also the han solo and chewy figures they used,does anyone know were there from?

Hi Steven,
I'm wanting to do the same.
There was a really good thread on recreating the cockpit here https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=89828&page=8&p=3803879&viewfull=1#post3803879
Unfortunately most of the pictures are gone now but reading through you might still pick-up on the important details.
The main kit used for the original studio 32" cockpit was the Monogram 1/48 B-17G Flying Fortress http://modelingmadness.com/review/allies/us/brunob17.htm
Can't recall if you'll find info on the figures there though.

I hope I'm not out of line in doing this but here are a few of the photos from that old thread on recreating the 32" cockpit.
They're not mine but I don't have any way of contacting the OP to ask permission. However I'm reposting them here just to share info with anyone wanting to do an accurate recreation themselves and show how the original was probably laid out.
p6-10.pngp6-9.pngp6-11.pngp6-12.pngp6-13.pngp10-2 original 32'' MF Playboy pin up back of cockpit.png

Thanks for sharing those. Reference doesn’t get any better than that. The B-17 IP is above the door. I think the gray parts might also be from it too. Those are barrel-less 50 cal guns from it resting on the window sill.

I just got one myself, well ordered it. they're having a sale till 11-20-17...buy the whole kit at once for 1199.99. couldn't pass it up though I had before when it was the subscription thing and came out to 400-500 more. Now I won't feel so bad about buying the Shapeways goodies. I've already picked out like 1200 bucks work of stuff I'd like to have, and it's looking like 900 of that is must have. Of course since I don't have the kit yet, I can't say for sure yet what I'll want to replace.

I just got one myself, well ordered it. they're having a sale till 11-20-17...buy the whole kit at once for 1199.99. couldn't pass it up though I had before when it was the subscription thing and came out to 400-500 more. Now I won't feel so bad about buying the Shapeways goodies. I've already picked out like 1200 bucks work of stuff I'd like to have, and it's looking like 900 of that is must have. Of course since I don't have the kit yet, I can't say for sure yet what I'll want to replace.

Did your kit come in? if so was it all there? I've been reading where some people are "owed" missing parts.

Yeah, all the boxes have been piled up in the garage for a couple weeks now. Six large boxes with 5 smaller boxes in each. I opened everything just to see what was in the boxes, kinda like a kid at Christmas...but then this was my gift to myself :lol I guess it's hard to tell if in fact it's all there, I guess I won't really know till I were to come across something missing...unless I inventory the whole thing :facepalm which doesn't sound appealing, particularly since I'm a Chevy parts guy and we detest doing inventory :eek
Did your kit come in? if so was it all there? I've been reading where some people are "owed" missing parts.

I think it only took 2-3 weeks at the most and the 20% off deal for the whole thing was the kicker. otherwise I wasn't going to get one. but I can see this thing being well over 2k by the time I add all the extras :eek
That's good to know , if you got all 100 bags then it should be complete. How long did it take to come in when you ordered it?

That's good to know , if you got all 100 bags then it should be complete. How long did it take to come in when you ordered it?

If it's the original (and still at least relatively recent) 100 bags, like all/most of us got, it does not include the missing parts. Those have kinda been "on their way soon" for quite a while. Not sure if they added those to other bags for more recent subscriptions and whole-kit purchases.

Still waiting on my extra/missing parts. Anyone in the US got those yet?
Mike Todd

So I should expect to be missing some parts then...good to know ahead of time. I'm also going to presume that when I contact them about it, there won't be any issues with them.
If it's the original (and still at least relatively recent) 100 bags, like all/most of us got, it does not include the missing parts. Those have kinda been "on their way soon" for quite a while. Not sure if they added those to other bags for more recent subscriptions and whole-kit purchases.

Still waiting on my extra/missing parts. Anyone in the US got those yet?
Mike Todd

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back