Jurassic Park - Embryo Cryocan 2.0

davidJurassic

Hey guys,

Some of you may already know me from YouTube as Jurassic Collectables or JC. This isn't nearly as elaborate as my working NV Goggles build, but I wanted to share this anyway with the RPF - the Jurassic Park Embryo Cryocan V2.0. Or really - the Cryocan shell upgrade.

cryocanv2.0.jpg

For some it may have gone unnoticed, but I was informed by two fans that the Jurassic Park cryocan can was actually made from classic steel can with a lip round the top and a unique rounded top. For many years the prop replicas have been made from the newer cans, which show clear differences to the screen used prop (even in some cases 10oz volume instead of 11oz).

jurassicpark-cryocan.jpg
unnamedD.jpg

So I went and found a vintage can that matched the original design and decided to turn it in to a new shell.

Here is my video of the prop upgrade:-

I have say a big thank you to the RPF community again, you guys were really encouraging with my working NV Goggles build, always appreciated. Here's to many more Jurassic Park fan builds.

Attachments

• cryocanv2.0.jpg
    cryocanv2.0.jpg
    1,008.5 KB · Views: 325
Last edited by a moderator:
I've thought about doing something like this myself. How hard was it to source?

(Heck, if somebody wanted to do a run of accurate cans either by sourcing real cans or having them custom made, I'd be down for one.)

I've thought about doing something like this myself. How hard was it to source?

Wasnt too hard, just had to scour Ebay to find ones at a reasonable price. Theres a lot of shaving ephemera that goes for high prices.

You could throw these in to silicone and rotocast these I guess. Wonder if they could be cold cast to give them a cold metal effect?

I’m building the cryocan right now, and I used an empty Design Master floral spray can for mine. Yeah, it’s way too tall, but I emptied the can and cut the bottom off with a Dremel. It’s got the exact shape you need and all I had to do was spray the top of it with a gloss white spray paint. I’ll post my process shots in the forum soon.

7ED924A0-2330-4BBB-A4BA-22637796B91A.jpeg49D9FE24-A82B-4E65-80AA-753EE2A50902.jpeg

Spray Whip cream cans appear to have the right dome shape for the older shaving creams cans. That’s what I used when I made my cryocan.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back