Red Robin Arkham City Cosplay Help and Suggestions

Blowmeaway2814

Hi. I'm quite new to the rpf, and I was looking for some help. I plan on putting together a Red Robin cosplay based on the Arkham City skin. I already have the bodysuit, and the harness/ utility belt are being made. What I'm wondering is, does anyone have any suggestions for the gloves? I know this seems silly because it's gloves of all things, but I'm curious if anyone knows of a style glove that is a tad form fittin and is made of leather or pu leather or any similar material. I know some exist but they aren't form fitting which it's an easy fix, but why modify something more than I would need to? Like if I could find a near perfect glove for this suit, then I'd really be set because everything else is penciled in and such.

For my Robin costume I went with some M-Pact 3 Covert Combat Gloves. Lets me use my phone with the gloves on, they're grippy and the padded knuckle looks cool as hell.

It all depends on what you want from the gloves and if it works with your vision of the costume. If you're going for the Red Robin skin in Arkham City, I'd look at some Batfleck gloves on Etsy.

For my Robin costume I went with some M-Pact 3 Covert Combat Gloves. Lets me use my phone with the gloves on, they're grippy and the padded knuckle looks cool as hell.

It all depends on what you want from the gloves and if it works with your vision of the costume. If you're going for the Red Robin skin in Arkham City, I'd look at some Batfleck gloves on Etsy.
I began thinking about doing a more armored look for the suit, using this as my cowl and buying a neck seal armor piece from Etsy (Actually the same one you had shown on your Robin VersionII Thread, the one from TigerStone FX...and I commisioned them to make my harness and utility belt simply because I love their utilitiy belts and wanted something special :lol). Any ideas how to make a bodysuit look armored though? Like underneath it. Mine is relatively form fitting and already custom made for my original plan so I'm trying to leave that look relatively untarnished externally bit if you have suggestions for an inner layer of armor that may seem visible from the exterior, I'd love to here it.
22157356_117993008895693_5668033413857148928_n.jpg
(https://www.instagram.com/p/BZyK-sKA9i-/)

Last edited:
I'm not too sure on the armored look. I'm using a muscle shirt from Funkybod. It's not the best, but it gives me a little added bulk and makes the suit look a bit more padded.

If you have the money, I'd maybe have a look at Flex Designs muscle suits. Cosplay Chris has one for his Batfleck costume and it looks incredible.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back