7b32e08837bf96d20bb6e16b7d921e04.jpg

ec75e203cb09f0ce734fc14ae369a973.jpg

341cc351ddb2fca6323966f4e30d2a7d.jpg

b0e41e0abac1074832f3e41eba3e0406.jpg

28dac6f0279e46e90be95bc602e08b64.jpg

8b58af9a3b73681d2d6ac03561c6f153.jpg

cheers,

Dirk

She’s (?) looking absolutely beautiful Dirk . Thanks for sharing these updates , your careful work and attention to detail is one to aspire to .

Can’t wait to see how you’ll tackle the weathering and paint finish !

:cheersGed

Gorgeous work. Really epic. So, here’s what might be a dumb question, but having no experience with fiber optics myself, what is the difference between using one strand for every individual window and just sticking some bulbs inside the body of the model and letting that light naturally shine out the holes in the hull?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe fiber optics will give more precise and consistency in the light points, whereas if you drill holes and run a strip of LEDs inside you will likely run into the intensity of light dropping off for certain windows, as well as seeing light drop off as you move away from head on viewing.

Since the end of the fibers will be either flush with the surface or extend fractionally beyond it, all those points will show uniform illumination from a wider viewing angle.

Hej Ged,

the upper and lower hull are not assembled yet. The main Hangar got his paint allready the rest will follow soon so there is no need to mask anything at the moment. Also it is no problem to avoid parts when airbrushing :) Hope I got you question and could answer well :)

cheers,

Dirk

Looking at your beautifully crisp updates , is like watching an exquisite meal being prepared before your eyes ... you can’t stop your mouth salivating and you just can’t wait to see it finally finished and ready to consume !:lol ..., but of course , like all good things - the wait is usually worth it !;)

:cheersGed

Absolutely gorgeous work here! Loving the pop of detail and the intermix of the colored lights. And this is just the start...

"I hope I don't bother you with all these images :) First testshots with my Canon. I'm pretty satisfied with the lights, colors and the positions."

The only thing that bothers me is that I don't own, nor can I say I built this model:D

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back