Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams - New TV show

Father

Sr Member
Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams

A sci-fi anthology series with stand-alone episodes based on the works of Phillip K. Dick.

Looks like it'll be a kind of "Outer Limits" type show. Now this I'll definitely be watching.

I wouldn't get over excited.
Its been showing here for the last couple of months and its sci fi with a VERY definite identity that belongs to its period of origin and writer.

So by todays standards its a bit plodding to say the least, and its a surreal experience watching it , it often feels like something I watched forty years ago but forgot about. We are six episodes in here in the UK and I've yet to really like any one of the stories, despite the often excellent casting, the problem is the source material and stories are just so predictable, as they play mostly on the age old human problem of what it means to be human in a strange reality.And its been done hundreds of times now and better.

Thats not to say some of them are not without a very odd kind of charm at times ,a couple feel very Terry Gilliam like , but ,as I said, its more fantasy science fiction than anything else.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back