ANH Graflex and DL-44 Public Appearance 70s

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Does anyone have images or information on this public appearance? That's the real blaster prop and real hero Graflex unless my eyes are mistaken...

PublicANH.jpg

I have a little bit better quality pic of that one, but not much. Pretty amazing, as that blaster probably wasn't around much after that.

Pretty amazing, as that blaster probably wasn't around much after that.
That's exactly what I was thinking, they made more blasters out of necessity.

Also, that's a real gun. obviously not loaded and all, but that is a bit of a shock to me who's holding it :behave

I'm thinking that's not a public appearance. It looks to me like some kids visiting the studio during filming, and getting to meet the "stars".
That's what it looks like to me too. The kids probably had no idea who the actors were.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hmmm seems surprising that they would hand that kid a functional gun to play with. Makes me wonder what the situation was between firing blank guns and belt stuffer props on the set

Hmmm seems surprising that they would hand that kid a functional gun to play with. Makes me wonder what the situation was between firing blank guns and belt stuffer props on the set
Actors don't always make smart decisions. Hopefully the gun wasn't still functional even if it was at one time.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

After Star Wars became huge, I wonder how difficult it was for those kids to convince people they met some of the stars at the studio. Unless they kept the newspaper article, it would have been hard to prove.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

It may seem strange now, but I distinctly remember being given a shotgun in the '70s just to watch me fall over when I set it off. Seems very inappropriate now... :/

I'd contend that the kid with the gun is probably fine, and that our hysterical 21st century child-rearing practices are the real problem, but...anyway cool pic. Hadn't ever seen that one!

Nowadays I seriously doubt they would hand a prop for a film currently in production to a kid whether it is a real gun or not. They wouldn't want to risk damaging the prop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back