Bade Runner 2049 Badges

I want in on these as well. I'm recreating the badge and ID with a 4.3" LED screen like they use for video greeting cards. It should look pretty accurate.

Thanks for all the kind words. I took Mike's suggestion on the font and changed it. Definitely an improvement. I have the new version printed and poured molds yesterday. I'll start metal casting at the beginning of the week, and if all goes well, I will start an interest thread.

-GG

Thanks for all the kind words. I took Mike's suggestion on the font and changed it. Definitely an improvement. I have the new version printed and poured molds yesterday. I'll start metal casting at the beginning of the week, and if all goes well, I will start an interest thread.

-GG

Cannot wait!

Almost done! I ended up cold casting in aluminum. There was just no way I was going to get all the detail in metal without a spin caster and I don't happen to have one on me.

A bit of black wash applied to the whole badge, white infill around the Los Angles and then buffed with 0000 steel wool. The KD designation was lasered in last. Just need to move the KD down a bit and I'm going to call it finished.

I'll see if I can get some better pics of the final. I always find it hard to photograph metallic objects.

LNLGIvk.jpg

fCxzxBQ.jpg

Thanks,

-GG

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back