Rian Johnson to write and direct a new trilogy of films.. (Star Wars Universe)

Paul Andrew I was talking about how he acts during interviews, and how he reacts to peoples responses on line. Well, we disagree there. Some of his tweets he put out awhile back were rude and kinda condescending. Im at work, and dont have access to be able to bring them up. Another disagreement, I think they did a very good job with TFA, it was definitely a step in the right direction at least.

Ah. I suppose it depends on the person, granted I havent met anyone off of here, but I have been around long enough to know when someones attitude or something is joking around or being sarcastic etc. Cool, glad we agree on that at least. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was exaggerating for effect.
Apparently it's cool to want the guy run out of his industry entirely though.

I didn't say I wanted him run out of the industry, I said I bet his movie fails and he never works again.
He probably will work again - I'll probably lose that bet.

And I didn't say it to be "cool". I said it because those are my feelings.
This is a free-market society. Make a crappy product and people won't buy it.
Then guess what? You're out of a job.

I don't get the ire towards RJ. He made a movie you didn't like, he didn't murder your grandma with an ice pick. ***** ******. If your groceries get bagged poorly do you tell the bagger you hope he gets AIDS and then dies in a fire?

The OT is something special to a lot of us. More than movies, part of our childhoods and what we are. You can say that this is crazy, but in the past people thought like this about books and manuscripts. SW was an event and I wish I could have realized it like people who had their youth in the 70s and 80s to really feel the hype and going to the theatre and NOT being disappointed but happy after a SW movie.

RJ disrespected the OT and the heroes of many of us. Sure it's a movie but it's also part of something bigger, something special and unique.

And by the way, TLJ was a bad movie, not a bad SW movie, it was a poorly directed and written movie. If the most of us deliver this kind of quality at our work, we would look for a new job.

See I respect that, you’re a man of conviction willing to have skin in the game! ;)

Are you still carrying on about conviction and skin in the game? As I said, my conviction and skin in the game was laid on the table months ago. Just because I dont want a have a straight out wager with you says more about my feelings to you over my conviction buddy. I dont want anything from you and would despise owing you anything, When the trilogy is officially abandoned or when day one of shooting starts is when we will see true conviction Pal.

When the significant other falls asleep and snores during a film you have paid to see in the cinemas you know that it should never have left that trash compactor. I for one won't see anything else directed by RJ; still unsure whether I'll even bother with ep IX.

I liked TFA, and while age has not been kind to the PT I saw Phantom Menace 4 times in the cinema and quite enjoyed the storyline - just couldn't stand Hayden as Anakin; poor casting for that role.

I should add - she has insomnia LOL!

Last edited:
And by the way, TLJ was a bad movie, not a bad SW movie, it was a poorly directed and written movie. If the most of us deliver this kind of quality at our work, we would look for a new job.

I never understand when people say this. I understand gripes about the direction of the story and characters, but to say it was poorly written and directed just because you don't happen to care for it (which I hear a LOT, so this isn't just aimed at you Brama, a lot of people have said it online) is just piling on. It makes me wonder if the people who say it have watched enough movies, frankly.

I liked TFA, and while age has not been kind to the PT I saw Phantom Menace 4 times in the cinema and quite enjoyed the storyline - just couldn't stand Hayden as Anakin; poor casting for that role.
!

PSA: Hayden didn't play Anakin in TPM ;)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I never understand when people say this. I understand gripes about the direction of the story and characters, but to say it was poorly written and directed just because you don't happen to care for it (which I hear a LOT, so this isn't just aimed at you Brama, a lot of people have said it online) is just piling on. It makes me wonder if the people who say it have watched enough movies, frankly.

The whole plot was a mess with too much focus on things that were not important for the arc or didn't even care at the end. The main protagonist went in this movie some what of a Mary Sue and comes out as the definition of a Mary Sue. I can't understand people defending this movie and I haven't really met one in RL because everybody I've talked with about TLJ has the same oponion. The reaction in the theatre at the end of TLJ is one that I'll never forget, because literally everybody in that huge room hated this movie.

The whole plot was a mess with too much focus on things that were not important for the arc or didn't even care at the end. The main protagonist went in this movie some what of a Mary Sue and comes out as the definition of a Mary Sue. I can't understand people defending this movie and I haven't really met one in RL because everybody I've talked with about TLJ has the same oponion. The reaction in the theatre at the end of TLJ is one that I'll never forget, because literally everybody in that huge room hated this movie.

My theater laughed, clapped, cheered...they loved it. I know many people IRL who thought it was great.

My theater laughed, clapped, cheered...they loved it. I know many people IRL who thought it was great.

Good for you. I dunno where you come from and where you've seen TLJ, I'm not from the US and I don't know anyone who liked it. We've been through a lot of **** in past years like Twilight, Maze Runner, Hunger Games, 50 shades of nothing and so on and TLJ was the first experience that showed me, that hardcore fans who try to like everything, just did not like this movie and everyone said that it was a bad movie, not just a bad SW.

I've seen Solo this week because a friend forced me to watch it and the movie was boring but the plot as unimportant as it may be was way better than tlj. I left the cinema with a "good" feeling because i did not really like Solo but in a weird way it made sense, way more than the whole plot of TLJ. But who I am to judge a SW movie, I really liked Rogue One and as far as I know, it's not a good movie.

Last edited:
https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/1004400/Star-Wars-BACKLASH-Disney-Rian-Johnson-trilogy-Last-Jedi-fan-boycott-Kathleen-Kennedy

Not a confirmation of course but if you expect to get one from Disney soon you would also probably be waiting for the official word that KK is done as well before accepting it.

Imagine giving the green light for a new Star Wars trilogy to an indie film maker without even the slightest idea of a story. What an arrogant and bullet proof attitude Disney had back then. Highlighted by the fact that at the very same time they sold off the broadcasting rights to all Star Wars movies excluding Ep Nein only to Ted Turner until 2024. Guess they hadnt even thought about a streaming service all those many two years ago.:lol.

Looks like the sleeping elephant may have woken up.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back