New Doctor #13 gear

Does anyone have a good lead on patterns for the coat? I almost bought the one from her universe, but I’m 5’2 and it would be waaay to long on me

- - - Updated - - -

I'm looking to buy the earrings. Where can I get them?

I saw a couple in Etsy and eBay that were pretty accurate.

Closest boots I've been able to find are the Frye Veronica boot, but they have 8 eyelets and look a little heavier duty than the real ones.

Looking forward to any other shots of the costume on set so we can tell for sure if there's a cap toe or not. Doesn't look like it, but there are some weird artifacts around that area.

I found boots at WalMart for $20. I can’t seem to put a picture on here to show.

Been seeing the info float about the internet for a while and seeing it hasn’t been posted here for those wanting to know the earrings are Alex Monroe.

https://www.alexmonroe.com/doctor-who-galaxy-single-earring.html#.W8O1FRbTWaM

The boots are fiorentini baker and the model is Eternity Elme-C

https://www.fiorentini-baker.com/collections/collection/men/elme-c/4746/

As for the rest of the costume it’s a custom job by the bbc. Apparently the guy who did the last doctor did it sourceing materials for the coat from Soho

SA shirt hunters! Ummmm I may have gotten a little obsessed, but after purchasing several of these in preparation to dye, I can confirm the Brandy Melville/Pacsun "John Galt" rainbow stripe shirts are the right ones. They only come in one size and they're all crop tops.

There are several designs of this shirt out there. The correct style is navy as a base, has a wide off-shoulder cut with a raw neckline, and thin bands of color with a yellow stripe at the *top*. It includes pink and green as colors. Other versions have blue at the top, or have fewer color bands and no green. They're cotton, and the screen accurate copy has been overdyed with I suspect something greenish. (I'll update if I get it right.)

For her red shirt the design is also from the same maker and designer, but so far I've seen TWO styles in play. One is a white version of the above navy wide collar one, dyed maroon. The other is a crew neck tee. These are harder to find and as far as I have seen only come in white, so it's definitely a custom dye job.

Of course all of these are not for sale at retail anymore, and for the most part you can forget ebay, but you will find a number of them on resale sites like Poshmark and Mercari. At the risk of sounding like I'm plugging something...but those are my secret weapon for SA sourcing on a budget!

Although not screen accurate, if you want to do an "inspired by" design or get some copies for dye practice, there are also long-sleeved crew neck and tank top versions of this shirt with the correct stripes out there.

Happy hunting! :D

winterdumpling the specific fabric type for the outer coat that HerUniverse sells is a medium weight cotton twill with no stretch, which will dye beautifully if you get it in white and can be had from any major fabric store in the US (not sure about Europe). It seems to be the right weight to match the SA version, and I know that my local Joann's had exactly the right weight and weave on the shelves. You can use this for everything from the sleeve/pocket piping to the borders. For the lilac inner sleeve lining, and the body lining, just standard poly lining fabric will probably do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
SA shirt hunters! Ummmm I may have gotten a little obsessed, but after purchasing several of these in preparation to dye, I can confirm the Brandy Melville/Pacsun "John Galt" rainbow stripe shirts are the right ones. They only come in one size and they're all crop tops.
Several, you say? And are you planning to keep them all?

Several, you say? And are you planning to keep them all?

I bought a couple to hedge my bets against a truly unrecoverable dye job, but if I happen to pull the first one off perfectly, I certainly won't need ALL of them.

I'm not sure what UK-friendly sites might also have some of these. However, I enjoy a good thrifty/sourcing adventure if you are dying to have one. Don't want to spam the thread here - PM me if you'd like assistance seeing if we can find something for the non-US-centric world! :D

I should have come here sooner, when looking for the shoes.
Though I don't have 300 euro to spare to buy those "screenaccurate" ones. :p

That would make socks and shoes the most expensive bit of the entire outfit (not counting the coat since I can't find it anywhere -- Large online store had it, but it was the HerUniverse edition and it's no longer going to be in stock there, and HU doesn't ship to Europe -- at least not the Doctor Who items).

Got the rainbow shirt from Forbidden Planet (if anyone's interested): Titan Merchandise: Doctor Who: Doctor Who: T-Shirt: 13th Doctor Costume from 13th Doctor @ ForbiddenPlanet.com - UK and Worldwide Cult Entertainment Megastore

Anyway, the socks by the way, are made by Corgi in Wales and can be bought from their shop. They're currently at 42 euro (+ for me 10 euro shipping) so the sock monster better not do its thing when I put them through the wash (maybe I'll never wash them --- yeah no, not happening... ew).

Doctor Who Socks by Corgi

Looks like they're back in stock at the moment. :) They weren't last two times I checked.

The earpiece, the shoes, socks and coat is what I'm still missing... but I'll get there. I have approximately 3 weeks left to get it all done (the coat isn't required, nor is the earpiece -- my ears aren't pierced so that's not an option).

Has anyone had any luck finding patterns and fabric for the pants? Her Universe has been sold out of the replicas for almost a year now and they don't ship to Australia anyway. The pants that I have seen tend to be very blue, rather than that teal-y sort of colour.

Well, I could somehow justify spending the money for the last pair of the ELME-C boots in my size, but I'm not going to add a pair socks for 49 Pound to the mix.

There's now only one pair of ELME-C in 41 left, but there is a B-ELME shoe in the new collection that looks quite the same aside from a sturdier sole.

Great. Thank you. I'm wondering if I can find an accurate pattern. Ah...I found some.

Last edited:
Additional 13th Doctor related things that would be fun for cosplay or a photoshoot:
custard cream 2.png
custard cream 1.png

Crawford’s Custard Creams - the 13th Doctor's favorite snack
teapot.jpg
Mrs Potts Teapot
as seen in the comic Doctor Who: A New Beginning by Jody Houser
mug.jpg

Universe's #1 Dad mug as seen in another comic

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back