New Doctor #13 gear

backstagejack1

Alright Folks.
Jodie Whittaker's new look is here.

Looks mostly custom.
23415372_2106640579349958_7216483921715740550_o.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, it's real! Both BBC and BBCA have been spamming the image across all social media platforms. I believe it was designed by Ray Holman and illustrator Patrick Goddard tweeted the attached photo of the concept art he'd apparently drawn for Ray before taking the image down and apologising, saying he wasn't allowed to post it just yet.

All very interesting. Personally, I'm really excited about the new series. Love the costume.
Screenshot 2017-11-09 at 15.35.47.pngDOMhlomXUAAJvxA.jpg
RG

I've identified the t-shirt she is wearing. Unfortunately the company that makes it appears to do one size only...
It's the Rin Rainbow Top by Brandy Melville. The UK website page for it has disappeared, but the German site has it:
http://www.brandymelville.de/clothi...eves/Off-Shoulder-Pieces/Rin-Rainbow-Top.html

The top appears to be a crop top, which then makes sense why she has very high waisted culottes.

Joe

That definitely does look like it thought the stripes on the shirt seem a bit different.

It might be the recurring theme of a regenerating Doctor being influenced by the companion (10 picked up Rose's accent, 11 'imprinted' on Amy) but I get a definite 'Bill' vibe from the outfit. Not so much the coat, but everything else.

Could easily be overdyed to darken the brighter colors, so this could still be the right top. Heck of a match if it's not!

You have a point and that is a great match. I noticed they took the stripes on the shirt and matched the piping? on the coat or robe or whatever that is.

In some odd ways her gear reminds me of Mork from Orc.... and her new Tardis reminds me of the 6th Doctors Tardis.

I have to wonder how much less this costume will be discussed and replicated on this forum since "The Doctor" in no longer male. I know there's a fair number of female cosplayers out there but I wonder what that ration is compared to males.

Sadly I fear you may be right, I've already seen an awful lot of short-sighted negativity regarding this costume; many people declaiming it as ridiculous, or like a clown's costume (which is pretty hilarious looking at Colin Baker's costume, as one example!).

The sad thing about this is I think this costume is absolutely beautiful and brilliantly designed. I'd definitely be interested in wearing a men's version and if Magnoli Clothiers go ahead with their t-shirt I'd be dead into getting one.

RG

Looks like we will be doing the t-shirt (in both male and female versions). We been getting a great response on Facebook and Instagram about this, so look for a prototype in the next two weeks, hopefully...

Looks like we will be doing the t-shirt (in both male and female versions). We been getting a great response on Facebook and Instagram about this, so look for a prototype in the next two weeks, hopefully...
I said a while ago that we'd know Jodie was truly accepted* as The Doctor when we saw our first crossplay. :) Nice to know that you've got interest from guys who are keen on costuming as the new Doctor. :thumbsup

*By the masses, I mean. I accepted her before she'd finished removing her hood in the reveal promo.

So as a cheap put-together so far I've managed to have a cheap t-shirt printed for about £12 and I picked up a pair of NoS mustard braces (albeit with tan connectors) on ebay for about £10.

IMG_20171121_100712_754.jpg

I'm undecided whether or not I'm going to put together a male version of this costume, or just use these pieces as casual everyday bits. If the coat proves relatively simple I may have a go at making one myself.

Overall, I love the look more and more as I look at it!

RG

Ray Holman is an absolutely lovely chap, I've been lucky enough to interact with him a few times on Twitter - he's usually pretty outgoing with his information and likes to help fans out where he can, so I imagine once Series 11 starts airing we'll have some pretty cool info come out.

I'm currently thinking I am going to have a go at making (a version) of the coat, if anyone can find any decent base sewing patterns to work from, I'd really appreciate some advice!

Cheers!
RG

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back