New Doctor #13 gear

I've been trying to source items from this costume such as the braces, boots, socks, etc that look manufactured.

With regard to the braces - they are obviously the leather-ended button-on type:
braces1.jpg

The stitching on the leather is quite distinctive. It recalls vintage British military braces.

The problem is I cannot find these anywhere - therefore I believe the costume dept has taken a set of cheap 35mm (1.37 inch) elastic clip-on braces, removed the metal bit and substituted these:
braces2.jpg from another set of braces.

If I'm wrong please tell me.

Now the boots:
boots1.jpg

They are obviously brown leather lace-up ankle boots. I count seven eyelets and would guess that the heel will be relatively low. After extensive searching I have to admit I can't find them anywhere. If anyone knows the manufacturer please let me know.

As for the socks - these look pretty close to me:

http://www.bassinandbrown.com/socks/royal-blue-light-blue-hooped-stripe-socks.html

Last edited:
Closest boots I've been able to find are the Frye Veronica boot, but they have 8 eyelets and look a little heavier duty than the real ones.

Looking forward to any other shots of the costume on set so we can tell for sure if there's a cap toe or not. Doesn't look like it, but there are some weird artifacts around that area.

Closest boots I've been able to find are the Frye Veronica boot, but they have 8 eyelets and look a little heavier duty than the real ones.

Looking forward to any other shots of the costume on set so we can tell for sure if there's a cap toe or not. Doesn't look like it, but there are some weird artifacts around that area.
I actually need a new pair of boots and 13's look fairly comfy, so I'm hoping to find a good match. The artefacts in the image are most likely because the entire background, including the grass, is a digital composite. Cant really see what the sole is like, or if there's any detail on the sides/back of the boots. The photoshopping is also why the coat looks beige instead of the blue the costume designer says it is. So, yeah.. more pics (in better lighting) needed.

Last edited:
I know there hasn't been much activity on this thread but I was seeing if anyone had any leads on the pants. It's strange they almost look like men's trousers.

I know there hasn't been much activity on this thread but I was seeing if anyone had any leads on the pants. It's strange they almost look like men's trousers.

I believe they are hand-made. Jodi Whittaker was quoted recently somewhere as saying that none of her costume was off-the-peg.

I don't think they are men's trousers. They are too long in the crotch and the lack of belt-loops would be highly unusual in off-the-peg men's trousers IMO. The closest I've found are these - and they're far from perfect:
s-l1600.jpg

Those look pretty great sw63. It's almost impossible to find anything even remotely close so I think those would do the trick for the majority of cosplayers. Especially if they were sized up for a little extra width. Just finding a pair in that color is tough!

Love it. Will you be doing a clip-on version as well?

We were thinking about it but, for now at least, we're just doing the pierced version (the top star cluster is just an ear cuff; no piercing required). Once these start selling, if there is enough demand for a clip-on version, we'll look at offering that as well.

The stripes on her shirt are slightly reminiscent of the collar stripes of Peter Dawson's sweater and the earth tones of Tom Baker's scarf.

And the braces and baggy trousers hark back to Troughton.. there's definitely a continuity there.
I think I prefer it when The Doctor looks like they don't really have a clue how humans dress.

Just for reference, the new trailer for DW that came out today shows what looks like a purple version of the shirt... (apologies for the poor screen capture).
Screenshot 2018-07-19 16.42.13.png

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back