New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis

Ahh! That explains all the questions posted here the last couple of days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys, The exposed threading in between the emitter and grenade and the size of the space above the clamp have been corrected for the final run schematics. But, of course, I'm not planning on commissioning another cnc prototype before the run commences, I do not have the funds for this and I don't think it would accomplish anything. Also, I did not make Roy draw up new 3d model comparisons when I posted the sign up thread as all these details have already been hashed out in a multi-month long 21 page design thread. ;)

Thank you for the clarification @Anakin Starkiller ! Consider me unconfused! :D

I don't know about steven giunta guys, but if he types as slow as I do, I doubt he meant anything terribly derogatory by his post above. He was quoting teecrooz from pg 20 and his post landed here 2 minutes after Anakin's, that's 'Ludicrous Speed' to a slow typer, and I suspect he never even saw the explanation post before hitting "Post Reply". That being said, yah, it could have been worded with a little more discretion, but at that moment it sounds as if he was upset that his perception of what the perfect V2 Replica is wasn't being realized in this run. BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE IT IS! This will be, as Anakin said, the closest to the original as we've ever seen, and he's not doing another run until Brandon A. allows him access to the original. So, I bet we see his name pop up on the sign up list shortly. For now I say we deactivate our lightsabers and put them back under our robes before we launch into overprotect mode. Now if he's a fast typer.... jk.;)

Speaking of the list Anakin, it looks like you have your work cut out for you compiling all the names in the sign up thread! Good Luck with the run, it sounds like it's gonna be a BIG ONE!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's finished replicas!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the clarification @Anakin Starkiller ! Consider me unconfused! :D

I don't know about @steven giunta guys, but if he types as slow as I do, I doubt he meant anything terribly derogatory by his post above. He was quoting teecrooz from pg 20 and his post landed here 2 minutes after Anakin's, that's 'Ludicrous Speed' to a slow typer, and I suspect he never even saw the explanation post before hitting "Post Reply". That being said, yah, it could have been worded with a little more discretion, but at that moment it sounds as if he was upset that his perception of what the perfect V2 Replica is wasn't being realized in this run. BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE IT IS! This will be, as Anakin said, the closest to the original as we've ever seen, and he's not doing another run until Brandon A. allows him access to the original. So, I bet we see his name pop up on the sign up list shortly. For now I say we deactivate our lightsabers and put them back under our robes before we launch into overprotect mode. Now if he's a fast typer.... jk.;)

Speaking of the list Anakin, it looks like you have your work cut out for you compiling all the names in the sign up thread! Good Luck with the run, it sounds like it's gonna be a BIG ONE!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's finished replicas!

this run is going to be legendary!

Very interested in getting involved and just starting to work out the extra pieces needed to complete the build.
Is Romans bright satin clamp what most people will be getting for this run? Looking for most screen accurate replica clamp

Dude what is UP with some rude ass people? Don’t buy it and take a freakin hike! Literally the same two grown ass dudes whining and not even reading the thread, when in reality it’s like an amazing miracle this saber is being made and so well too. I’m astonished at peoples attitudes.

In any case, this looks awesome and I can’t wait!!

I suppose I better finish some of the other sabers sitting on my shelf so I don't feel so bad for Getting in on the best run in the UNIVERSE!

You're telling me, I haven't even finished my V2 from Starkiller's previous run. Gotta finish my Nicksdad Luke hero, then my V2, somewhere in there I'm going to probably install electronics in an old Parks Graflex, and figure out how I want to display everything. Some day I'll finish a project, some day.

Very interested in getting involved and just starting to work out the extra pieces needed to complete the build.
Is Romans bright satin clamp what most people will be getting for this run? Looking for most screen accurate replica clamp

After seeing the video of Mark Hamill being reunited with the original V2 I feel Roman's bright satin is the best and will be what I use on this when I get it. I got one for my RPK V2 and I love the contrast in finish between the clamp and the aluminum.

Did I count 171 at least on the signup page? Hot dawg.. well done. I’d be curious to know what the other run sizes have been..

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back