New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis

Where do I Sign up?

Id love one.
Exactly what I'm trying to figure out. Sorry if it sounds like I'm being lazy and don't want to search through every page to find the sign up thread. But I'm on my cell phone and don't have a computer and it would be greatly appreciated if someone posted the link.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It helps a lot to read the thread and also check the project runs forum. But it’s a little too late for that...

Exactly what I'm trying to figure out. Sorry if it sounds like I'm being lazy and don't want to search through every page to find the sign up thread. But I'm on my cell phone and don't have a computer and it would be greatly appreciated if someone posted the link.

Signup has already ended.

The sign-up thread is here: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=286113
The sign-up has closed but you'll probably be able to snag an extra as some people are bound to not follow through.
Thank you so much for letting us know that the sign up has closed. And yes I agree many people do not follow through and I hopefully can snag one of those people's v2's that don't follow thr and call it a day. I'm highly anticipated for this hilt.

I expect some from previous runs to be posted in the Junkyard forum. These won't have all of the latest updates, but may be a cheaper option.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I expect some from previous runs to be posted in the Junkyard forum. These won't have all of the latest updates, but may be a cheaper option.

For sure - there's already been a few that have come up with people specifically mentioning this run.

Did I count 171 at least on the signup page?

I didn't count, but I'm next to positive it could have quite easily reached 300+ (maybe 400+) if left open for a month. We'll continue to see people jumping in here wondering if they can still get added as news percolates out about the run.

Glad I started following this thread last year.

Thanks for your input, I have spoken with some very knowledgable members of the group and everyone is saying bright satin! Job done, clamp ordered, saber reserved and stencil requested! Happy days!

After seeing the video of Mark Hamill being reunited with the original V2 I feel Roman's bright satin is the best and will be what I use on this when I get it. I got one for my RPK V2 and I love the contrast in finish between the clamp and the aluminum./QUOTE]

Many thanks to brthegreat117 for allowing me to assume his spot on the Sign Up List, and to @Anakin Starkiller for O.K.ing the change!

Now that I'm officially in on the run, I have a couple of questions that I couldn't find exact answers to.

The first one concerns the Blade Holder: I read that it's meant for a 7/8" Thin-walled Blade, and I know this is possibly old info now, but from the cutaway view in post #10 and from the description here...

Yes. It spins from the break in the neck like both surviving sabers. Exactly like my last one.

The blade holder screws into the neck. But the entire emitter rotates around the blade holder. The emitter envelopes the emitter head and rotates around it, gliding on a thin walled needle roller bearing

.... I'm wondering if the blade slips over the Blade Holder and in between the Blade Holder and the Emitter somehow (similar to how Roman's Obi-Wan Mk1 does with its LED/Lense Housing), or if the blade goes down into the Blade Holder and around the LED/Lense Assembly?

The second question I have concerns the internal space within the hilt. Could you provide a new finalized "Cut-Away View" of the hilt with its dimensions listed? I'd love to get started by brainstorming ideas on a Chassis and Crystal Chamber!

Thanks again to both of you! I'm really looking forward to ogling this lightsaber firsthand and filling it with crazy new wizardry!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is an image of the inside space that you will have to work with
v2inside space.jpg

I've been speaking recently with Goth 3designs. And he will be making a chassis for this hilt for anyone who is interested.

Oh man... I was leaning towards keeping this special kit a static one.
But then if Rick is designing a specific chassis for this, it'd be hard to resist but to make it an FX saber :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back