New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis

Anakin Starkiller

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello everyone,

Over the past few months, I've been revising my Luke V2 model and I think I've just about got it bang on.
I asked Roy last week to work his 3d magic and wip up some comparison photos from me and he has done an amazing job.

I submit them here for your consideration. Comments are welcome and appreciated. Roy noticed that the cone knob look off my a couple mm, and I've corrected this already on the step file.

What do you guys think?

comparison1-1.jpgcomparison1-3.jpgcomparison1-2.jpg
comparison2-1.jpgcomparison2-3.jpgcomparison2-2.jpg

Last edited:
YES! YES! I will be the first to sign up for the new run.

Hello everyone,

Over the past few months, I've been revising my Luke V2 model and I think I've just about got it bang on.
I asked Roy last week to work his 3d magic and wip up some comparison photos from me and he has done an amazing job.

I submit them here for your consideration. Comments are welcome and appreciated. Roy noticed that the cone knob look off my a couple mm, and I've corrected this already on the step file.

What do you guys think?

View attachment 771804View attachment 771805View attachment 771806
View attachment 771807View attachment 771808View attachment 771809

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

What do you guys think?

View attachment 771804View attachment 771805View attachment 771806
View attachment 771807View attachment 771808View attachment 771809

Looking great!!! Will this be a 3 piece or uni-body?

Looking great!!! Will this be a 3 piece or uni-body?

It will actually be something like 9 or 10 pieces. I've redesigned the internals so that this can take a blade and house electronics but still have a spinning emitter and remain completely accurate. The emitter will house a radial bearing that will make the emitter itself rotate around a 7/8" blade holder. It will have two caps to allow for a blade or a static display piece. The body and the booster section will separate under the clamp with a twist and pull lock (like a graflex does). I also plan to include the mystery knob with knurling on the top face.

You are a true genius.

It will actually be something like 9 or 10 pieces. I've redesigned the internals so that this can take a blade and house electronics but still have a spinning emitter and remain completely accurate. The emitter will house a radial bearing that will make the emitter itself rotate around a 7/8" blade holder. It will have two caps to allow for a blade or a static display piece. The body and the booster section will separate under the clamp with a twist and pull lock (like a graflex does). I also plan to include the mystery knob with knurling on the top face.

Was the original pommel on this lightsaber a handwheel/faucet knob like the Obi-Wan lightsaber? or was it a machined/cast piece? the circle could be a casting issue, a part of the machining process, or maybe a logo or??? Though I can see where you see an arrow, I don't think that is what it is. To me is seems like just a scratch or paint or something.

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/...17-11-07 om 18.51.30_zpsrtn4ttix.png~original

Nice progress Dan and Roy. Eh . . . do we know
what this circle is or what it's covering up in the
pommel section? And is that a tiny black arrow
seemingly to point to the center?

Chaïm

Dan, this looks incredible, especially including the knurling on the mystery chunk. Would this be able to accept a static blade? I've never been a fan of lights and sounds, but if it can replicate the dueling rods... Either way I'd love to see the internal construction

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back