New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis

Yea I think that’s the whole point of this project :lol

i gotta learn to 3D model, you guys are artists

question: does the nipple come out on any of these models? I don’t quite get why they would put a set screw under the emitter rim unless it was to hold in the blade anchor, or nipple as we call it

you guys are artists

Better make that "starving artists"! Poor @Anakin Starkiller ! can't even afford a decent camera phone.:( ;)

I got my Samsung smart phone from AT&T for free last year because my old Nokia candybar phone was... well, and old candybar phone that didn't even have a camera. It's just a GO-Phone, but it does the job.

With all good-intentioned ribbing implied, I just took two photos with my mom's 4 year old LG VS870 (5MP Camera - your LG LS755 has 8MP).

One photo with only a nightlight, and one in the hallway with the lights on, both of them came out better than that pic in Post #134! :lol

Seriously, look...

Ridire Firean - Romans Mk1 - LG VS870 5MP Camera Phone - 01 by night-light.jpg

Ridire Firean - Romans Mk1 - LG VS870 5MP Camera Phone - 02 by hallway light.jpg

If Anakin doesn't sell enough hilts to be able to purchase a decent camera or camera phone, somebody please set up a Go-Fund-Me account for him so that he can do so. HA! :lol

All kidding aside, check your phone's camera settings and make sure you don't have some sort of "Take Awful Photographs" filter on. It looks like an old... what was that program.... Painter Classic maybe, anyway, it reminds me of the "Add Film Grain" filter or one of the others like "Colored Pencil". Maybe it was just cropped and blown up too much? It could be your jpg compression isn't set at its highest level when you saved it after cropping. Or your camera's resolution setting isn't at maximum? I hope you can get it figured out.

Looking forward to seeing Roy's final, final checks after this weekend. I'm really curious to see how you guys have tweaked the interior cavity. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Ridire Firean - Romans Mk1 - LG VS870 5MP Camera Phone - 01 by night-light.jpg

Ridire Firean - Romans Mk1 - LG VS870 5MP Camera Phone - 02 by hallway light.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Better make that "starving artists"! Poor @Anakin Starkiller ! can't even afford a decent camera phone.:( ;)

I got my Samsung smart phone from AT&T for free last year because my old Nokia candybar phone was... well, and old candybar phone that didn't even have a camera. It's just a GO-Phone, but it does the job.

With all good-intentioned ribbing implied, I just took two photos with my mom's 4 year old LG VS870 (5MP Camera - your LG LS755 has 8MP).

One photo with only a nightlight, and one in the hallway with the lights on, both of them came out better than that pic in Post #134! :lol

Seriously, look...

View attachment 775266

View attachment 775267

If Anakin doesn't sell enough hilts to be able to purchase a decent camera or camera phone, somebody please set up a Go-Fund-Me account for him so that he can do so. HA! :lol

All kidding aside, check your phone's camera settings and make sure you don't have some sort of "Take Awful Photographs" filter on. It looks like an old... what was that program.... Painter Classic maybe, anyway, it reminds me of the "Add Film Grain" filter or one of the others like "Colored Pencil". Maybe it was just cropped and blown up too much? It could be your jpg compression isn't set at its highest level when you saved it after cropping. Or your camera's resolution setting isn't at maximum? I hope you can get it figured out.

Looking forward to seeing Roy's final, final checks after this weekend. I'm really curious to see how you guys have tweaked the interior cavity. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Wow probably the longest post in the thread and it isn’t even really about the project lol. Maybe you should take it upon yourself to get him set up right!

Anyways it’s looking great! It this thing gets near perfect I may even consider trying to replicate the bent emitter like in the photos. Also I still recognize that this is not a interest thread but I love the idea of selling updated emitters. When it’s time I’ll be in for a complete and a update!

Any word if Trooper Trent is going to get in on this for stencils?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow probably the longest post in the thread and it isn’t even really about the project lol. Maybe you should take it upon yourself to get him set up right!

Anyways it’s looking great! It this thing gets near perfect I may even consider trying to replicate the bent emitter like in the photos. Also I still recognize that this is not a interest thread but I love the idea of selling updated emitters. When it’s time I’ll be in for a complete and a update!

Any word if Trooper Trent is going to get in on this for stencils?

I pray trent will do another run.

Last edited:

This looks absolutely amazing!

I circled just two places where the angle on the cubes looks a little steeper than the actual, however that may just be a minor limitation of the amazing software overlay. Just figured I’d throw it out there though.

It’s awesome what you guys are able to do and looks incredible!

Edit - I just realized maybe that’s what that “height” was for? I originally assumed that was meant for the actual height of the cube and not the angle on the cube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6add6df158eab2d98ade6644171469dd.jpg

He got back to me, he’s really busy with work and his family. Totally understandable.

Best we can do is use the v2’s we have painted and try to free hand it on the new one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks stellar! I wanted to ask, of it got slipped over, if the nipple was the same part as the emitter?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back