New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis

whats going on with this section?
CnX1QTs.jpg

is it just the way the clamp is sitting?

Great news Dan !!! :)

I've got few remarks especially like Halliwax said. (Maybe you already know it like you said in a previous post)

But, in my picture the colors area (Especially the red and yellow) seems to be taller compare to brandon's V2.
The blue one is maybe a "shadow-game", because of the different angle of the picture.

compare.jpg

Agreed, the red and yellow marked areas seem off to me too. Your computer model seems to show much different angles. But excited by the progress!

I've got few remarks especially like Halliwax said. (Maybe you already know it like you said in a previous post)

But, in my picture the colors area (Especially the red and yellow) seems to be taller compare to brandon's V2.
The blue one is maybe a "shadow-game", because of the different angle of the picture.

View attachment 785565

Good eyes. I agree the yellow area may be a bit large. I'm not sure sure about the red area though. It looks ok at first glance. It's difficult to tell about the blue area as we're looking at the booster at a slight downward angle.
Dan, beautiful work already!

View attachment 785565

I agree as well. it looks spectacular and the emitter/ pommel especially.

the shoulder above the clamp seems to have a longer length than the V2 itself. angle might be right, but on the V2 they're tiny transitions and on the sample all three sections are too long. (last part of the grenade, bevel and then part above clamp. was this what you'd mentioned the shop had to correct?

It's true that the angle make a slightly difference and make it harder to compare.

If we compare this section : (Red = Dan, Yellow = Brandon)

Compare2.png

Compare3.png

But we are maybe debating about the corrections that Dan already asked to the shop :)

Good eyes. I agree the yellow area may be a bit large. I'm not sure sure about the red area though. It looks ok at first glance. It's difficult to tell about the blue area as we're looking at the booster at a slight downward angle.
Dan, beautiful work already!

Agreed, the red and yellow marked areas seem off to me too. Your computer model seems to show much different angles. But excited by the progress!

I agree as well. it looks spectacular and the emitter/ pommel especially.

the shoulder above the clamp seems to have a longer length than the V2 itself. angle might be right, but on the V2 they're tiny transitions and on the sample all three sections are too long. (last part of the grenade, bevel and then part above clamp. was this what you'd mentioned the shop had to correct?

Last edited:
Here’s an idea why not retake the image in the same way that everyone here seems to be comparing it to in the other image?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s an idea why not retake the image in the same way that everyone here seems to be comparing it to in the other image?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easier said than done

- - - Updated - - -

It's true that the angle make a slightly difference and make it harder to compare.

If we compare this section : (Red = Dan, Yellow = Brandon)

View attachment 785639

View attachment 785640

But we are maybe debating about the corrections that Dan already asked to the shop :)

I've made these changes to my model now, so we should be all set here. I also moved the transcriptor knob hole and the pommel set screw hole up a little bit towards the emitter on the booster, since they looked a little low in these comparisons. Anything else?

Easier said than done

- - - Updated - - -

I've made these changes to my model now, so we should be all set here. I also moved the transcriptor knob hole and the pommel set screw hole up a little bit towards the emitter on the booster, since they looked a little low in these comparisons. Anything else?

thank you dan, i think these changes are a positive :thumbsup

Easier said than done

- - - Updated - - -

Great Dan [emoji3]

Really excited by the progress so far !

Envoyé de mon SM-G930F en utilisant Tapatalk

Amazing work! It looks fantastic!

I don't know if this will help at all but I took both images and overlayed them, rotated, etc. to get them as close as possible to the same width, and aligned without skewing any proportions. Then I mirrored it and lined it up edge to edge. So even though the camera angle isn't exact, the edges are what matter in this case. And for what it's worth, apart from that one area, everything else seems to match up amazingly well when aligned with the pomel, emitter, grenade section, etc. I can't believe how close this is!

Screen Shot 01-07-18 at 01.56 PM.PNG

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back