Subscribe
  1. RPF Premium Member Foe Hammer's Avatar
    Jan 15, 2018, 1:36 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #451

Paging @halliwax to the RPF stat!
    From
    Madison, WI
    Jan 15, 2018, 1:46 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #452

Anakin Starkiller said: View Post
    Thanks guys. I've quite excited and so is she. Keep your eyes on the junkyard in the next few weeks. I'll be hawking a number of one of a kind items from my collection to raise funds for the wedding. (Like a real parts OWK type unique)

But anyways. Lets get back on track.

Here's the final comparison design image
    Attachment 787482Attachment 787483
    Does this have the updated lip above the clamp? It still looks like the bevel on your model comprises most of the height, and to me that looks like most of it's height should actually just be a continuation of the clamp section (like they made it a little taller than a clamp) and the actual bevel is very small.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 1.46.05 PM.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	787495

OTHERWISE SUPER EXCITED!
  3. RPF Premium Member Anakin Starkiller's Avatar
    From
    Rochester, NY
    Jan 15, 2018, 1:56 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #453

Kylash said: View Post
    Does this have the updated lip above the clamp? It still looks like the bevel on your model comprises most of the height, and to me that looks like most of it's height should actually just be a continuation of the clamp section (like they made it a little taller than a clamp) and the actual bevel is very small.

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 1.46.05 PM.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	787495

OTHERWISE SUPER EXCITED!
    Yes, that will be fixed

- - - Updated - - -

Mark P said: View Post
    A quick question: Will the mystery chunk hole be pre drilled like the rest of them?
    Yes, and the kit will include a custom made mystery chunk featuring a diamond texture on the top (the presence of which has been attested by multiple people who have held the original).
    From
    Los Angeles
    Jan 15, 2018, 2:14 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #454

The run post didn't mention a cone knob, but I see it on the prototype. Are you providing that piece, or do we need to source it like the clamp?
  5. RPF Premium Member Anakin Starkiller's Avatar
    From
    Rochester, NY
    Jan 15, 2018, 2:17 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #455

It will be included.
    From
    Los Angeles
    Jan 15, 2018, 2:24 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #456

Awesome-- thanks, Dan!
    From
    Le Havre, France
    Jan 15, 2018, 3:18 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #457

Aaaawesome Dan

Already signed in

Envoyé de mon SM-G930F en utilisant Tapatalk
  8. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    From
    Rotterdam, the Netherlands
    Jan 15, 2018, 3:20 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #458

Great Dan! And congratulations!!
  9. RPF Premium Member
    Jan 15, 2018, 3:26 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #459

Thanks for answering my question, already signed up as well!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
  10. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Jan 15, 2018, 4:03 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #460

special shout out to all my RPF brothers today!! @canister @roygilsing @SethS @tomm1999 @ms80444 @Kylash @xwingercrash @CrankyScorpion @MakBzh @kevin926 @Foe Hammer

thanks so much guys for keeping me in the loop! my friend who is in Florida right now also says thanks since im grabbing one for him as well. we really really appreciate the heads up! i love you guys!!!
    From
    Philadelphia, PA, USA
    Jan 15, 2018, 4:19 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #461

Thanks again for offering these, Dan. The design revisions look great. And congrats on your engagement!

Can someone tell me which finish on Roman's clamp replica is the most accurate to a vintage clamp? Is it the "bright satin" or the "matte"? My guess is matte but I just wanna be sure.
  12. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Jan 15, 2018, 4:22 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #462

Jedi Reali said: View Post
    Thanks again for offering these, Dan. The design revisions look great. And congrats on your engagement!

Can someone tell me which finish on Roman's clamp replica is the most accurate to a vintage clamp? Is it the "bright satin" or the "matte"?
    My guess is matte but I just wanna be sure.
    excellent question!! im dying to know everyones opinion as well
  13. RPF Premium Member kevin926's Avatar
    Jan 15, 2018, 5:20 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #463

halliwax said: View Post
    special shout out to all my RPF brothers today!! @canister @roygilsing @SethS @tomm1999 @ms80444 @Kylash @xwingercrash @CrankyScorpion @MakBzh @kevin926 @Foe Hammer

thanks so much guys for keeping me in the loop! my friend who is in Florida right now also says thanks since im grabbing one for him as well. we really really appreciate the heads up! i love you guys!!!
    We got your back Jack
  14. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Jan 15, 2018, 5:33 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #464

Hey @Jedi Reali ! You just gave me deja-vu! I just answered this for brthegreat117 in his thread asking this same question...

"I believe the answer is Roman's Summer 2016 Limited Edition Clamp Run where the G and the X landed in the Original Clamp's alignment.

Since I'm pretty sure those are all gone, I'd go with one of the current Bright Satins!

I know he's mentioned that that L.E. Clamp Run machine shop has made other parts for him since, I just don't have the particulars stored in my memory as to what parts those were/are."

I'll add that you might get lucky if you pick up a Roman's Obi-Wan Mk1 Machined FX, as mine came with that L.E. Run Clamp back in 2016. Of course I don't know if Roman compiles all the parts for the hilt kits and has them ready to go, or if he grabs this part and that part and all the other parts necessary to make a kit from separate part bins once the order for a particular kit comes in.

Anywho, the finish is a wee little more polished/ more highly chromed than on my ORIGINAL GRAFLEXes but I like it just fine. If there was a way to Scotch Brite it ever so lightly in perfectly parallel strokes, you could make it look very much like an ORIGINAL CLAMP I think.

I'm looking forward to seeing how all you guys and gals finish these off once you get them!
    From
    Los Angeles, CA
    Jan 15, 2018, 6:01 PM - New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #465

I think I'll go on the prowl for a vintage clamp for this one. Or maybe I'll get a Roman's clamp for my Vintage TFA build since I have Roy's clamp cover on the way and toss the vintage on to the V2.....
    Last edited by Sieg; Jan 15, 2018 at 6:17 PM.
  16. RPF Premium Member Pixelpiper's Avatar
    From
    Canada
    Jan 15, 2018, 6:11 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #466

halliwax said: View Post
    im dying to know everyones opinion as well
    The run is up!

17. RPF Premium Member BRRogers's Avatar
    From
    Savannah, Ga.
    Jan 15, 2018, 7:34 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #467

Posted in the other project run thread but Im so down for 1! Just nabbed one of roman's Balance V4s so I'm basically starting a thin neck collection haha.

Congrats on the engagement! I'm 3 years into marriage and it has been full of challenges, joy, struggle, and bliss... but the best part is having a partner who loves, respects, and shares the journey. Life with a true companion is so much less lonely!... just remember that you're in it for each other. Love your spouse with an open and merciful heart and even the bad times will slide right on by!

Lightsaber!!!!
    Quick question, on the 2nd choke right above the grenade section it seems like there might be a very small lip which to my eye has been excluded on the model. Is this intentional? I ask as I don't know if this was addressed... or maybe it's just a scratch or something.
    I work in a high end metal/blacksmith shop where the guys call me laser eyes so I hone in on this stuff::
    Literally everything else is awesome and right on par; and I have no doubts this will come out great as long as the machine shop is capable of matching their source material!

Attachment 787569
  18. Member Since
    Jan 2013
    From
    new jersey
    Jan 15, 2018, 7:54 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #468

the part of the neck that has the space ,are they threads showing from the screw on pieces?
  19. adan valera is offline adan valera
    Jan 15, 2018, 8:37 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #469

Hey guys! With Dan's (Anakin Starkiller) kind permission, I have opened a limited run for a plaque and stand combo to accompany this saber and any previous versions of his V2. The run can be found here: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.ph...85#post4390485.

Thank you so much to all of you and to Dan for allowing me to create these for this run!
  20. RPF Premium Member Anakin Starkiller's Avatar
    From
    Rochester, NY
    Jan 15, 2018, 9:07 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #470

BRRogers said: View Post
    Quick question, on the 2nd choke right above the grenade section it seems like there might be a very small lip which to my eye has been excluded on the model. Is this intentional? I ask as I don't know if this was addressed... or maybe it's just a scratch or something.
    I work in a high end metal/blacksmith shop where the guys call me laser eyes so I hone in on this stuff::
    Literally everything else is awesome and right on par; and I have no doubts this will come out great as long as the machine shop is capable of matching their source material!

Attachment 787569
    Sorry, I don't quite understand what you're indicating
    From
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Jan 15, 2018, 9:39 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #471

he posted a picture in the sign-up thread, and I think he is seeing a nick in the paint right above the grenade body. Not another ridge, i'm 99% sure.
    From
    New York
    Jan 15, 2018, 10:36 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #472

Now hoping Trooper Trent opens a thread soon for the new stencils! Keeping an eye out for it.
  23. RPF Premium Member BRRogers's Avatar
    From
    Savannah, Ga.
    Jan 15, 2018, 10:59 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #473

Anakin Starkiller said: View Post
    Sorry, I don't quite understand what you're indicating
    Here: just making sure this ISNT a thing...see the red?... sorry i know it's small my computer is dead so my phone is the only thing i can use to try to edit and ask about this contouring / lighting condition

Name:	v2 edit.jpeg 
Views:	70 
Size:	424.6 KB 
ID:	787631
    Jan 16, 2018, 12:25 AM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #474

Just finished reading through all 19 pages...good stuff! All signed up, can't wait!
  25. RPF Premium Member Trooper_trent's Avatar
    From
    Fort Worth TX
    Jan 16, 2018, 8:39 AM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #475

Goodie2325 said: View Post
    Now hoping Trooper Trent opens a thread soon for the new stencils! Keeping an eye out for it.
    I'll get that going soon. I still need final dimensions from Dan to ensure they fit. I'll be working on them this friday.