New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis

I actually plan on buying this new saber and turning the old 1st run into an ANH stunt with bubbles and a toggle switch. redoing the ol paint job too.

Since this saber is going to be insanely close to the wonky prop, I really want this to be THE V2 in my collection, and a testament to Dan's work (and others that helped)

Tom exactly my plan as well!! Going to grab a new V2 emitter and turn my Gen1 V2 into a guinness stunt!

Have u had any luck finding the right red toggle switch? I have been finding levers close to the same length, but the hole required to drill to mount it would huge.. :(

I had started gathering resources to potentially make a brand new set of files with more accurate stencils since we have much better, clearer images now.

Trent, yes please, continue with whatever work you were doing and come out with a new run of templates. If you need to have someone else do the printing & cutting, that can easily be sourced out.

It was obvious these others were direct copies of your run - which I alluded to when I first posted, but didn't want to say for sure without seeing clearer images. FFS, some people.

Yeah these new stencils will be needed badly, and having used Trent's before, they were a breeze to use and the results are amazing.

IMG_0259.JPG

I spent all yesterday messing with the pommel, trying a hundred different angles and configurations. Then, Roy put in some overtime for me last night and did one last render of my final pommel revision.
I'm very happy with the results.
View attachment 776328View attachment 776329

I think we can call this design locked in :)

Incredible work. Take my money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely fantastic work guys! :thumbsup
& I'm thrilled to hear Trent is working on new revised version of his wonderful stencils. I used them on my Gen 2 v2, & couldn't be happier with how well they worked. I might do a repaint of that, pick up a new revised emitter, & turn it into an ANH Obi stunt like Halliwax. We need to find the correct toggle switches!

Yeah, it looks like I'll be able to do an all new set.
The reason I stopped doing them in the first place is my source for the machine was no longer available. Turns out my best friend who has the same machine is up for doing these with me so I have a new source. I'm hoping to get the final measurements and all of the new high-rez images of the weathering I can get my hands on soon so I can start knocking these out.

Yeah, it looks like I'll be able to do an all new set.
The reason I stopped doing them in the first place is my source for the machine was no longer available. Turns out my best friend who has the same machine is up for doing these with me so I have a new source. I'm hoping to get the final measurements and all of the new high-rez images of the weathering I can get my hands on soon so I can start knocking these out.

Excellent!

So here's a quick question: is it safe to assume that the circle on the emitter face, since it's flat, is because of the denting and warping around the flange?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back