Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. RPF Premium Member Anakin Starkiller's Avatar
    From
    Rochester, NY
    5 Days Ago  Dec 6, 2017, 10:07 AM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #226

Small update. The final versions of these parts have been sent to the shop and I'm waiting for a quote to come back to me.
    From
    Madison, WI
    5 Days Ago  Dec 6, 2017, 10:20 AM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #227

Will the hole for the pommel chunk be in place on this one? Super excited!
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    5 Days Ago  Dec 6, 2017, 10:58 AM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #228

Great news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. RPF Premium Member Anakin Starkiller's Avatar
    From
    Rochester, NY
    4 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 9:42 AM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #229

Kylash said: View Post
    Will the hole for the pommel chunk be in place on this one? Super excited!
    Yes. And I will be including the mystery chunk
  5. Member Since
    Dec 2017
    4 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 10:14 AM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #230

That’s exciting! One less thing to worry about. Thanks for all the hard work!
  6. RPF Premium Member Anakin Starkiller's Avatar
    From
    Rochester, NY
    2 Days Ago  Dec 9, 2017, 1:01 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #231

I got the quotes. Everything looks good. I'm going to have them make a prototype first for me so that I can confirm the Cnc programming and everything before I have them move forward with the big run. This will add a week or two to the lead up. But I think it will be worth it, and help me sleep better
    From
    Redondo Beach, CA
    2 Days Ago  Dec 9, 2017, 1:04 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #232

I am so in on this!!!!
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    2 Days Ago  Dec 9, 2017, 1:15 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #233

Anakin Starkiller said: View Post
    I got the quotes. Everything looks good. I'm going to have them make a prototype first for me so that I can confirm the Cnc programming and everything before I have them move forward with the big run. This will add a week or two to the lead up. But I think it will be worth it, and help me sleep better
    this is great news! i haven't been on here as much in fear of spoilers but also anxious not to miss anything in this thread. tapatalk tends to show large pictures randomly in the thread titles. Ive only been checking in quickly to see if you have said anything.

so it sounds like this run won't go live until after the release of TLJ? this timing would be perfect for me

so dying to see the prototype!! thanks for all the hard work Dan, Roy, Scott and everyone else involved in this run!
  9. Member Since
    Dec 2017
    2 Days Ago  Dec 9, 2017, 1:34 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #234

Woot! Exciting update I’m sure the prototype process isn’t cheat, but it’s a much appreciated step. Can’t wait!
  10. RPF Premium Member
    2 Days Ago  Dec 9, 2017, 3:31 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #235

Insanely awesome. Canít stop drooling.

11. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    From
    Rotterdam, the Netherlands
    2 Days Ago  Dec 9, 2017, 3:37 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #236

Great Dan! I understand the prototype. I think you learned your lesson the hard way.
    I think I'll need to arrange a new batch of levers now; I just ran out of them!
  12. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    From
    Knoxville, TN
    2 Days Ago  Dec 9, 2017, 4:28 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #237

Hey guys, some of you may have seen me post on here before. Iíve been trying to gather as much info as I can over the past 3 years or so to start my own prop collection. I know this isnít the run thread for this, but how difficult do you anticipate these being to assemble? Iím limited on what tools I have access too, and my skill with them is even more limited. I understand that these will have to be painted, but what else will be required to put these together? Will any parts need to be modified to fit together, or should it just be mainly screwing things together? Will there be any extra drilling or sawing or milling involved?

I know a lot of you all have advanced technical skills and access to shops and tolls and things, which I think is awesome! I just feel intimidated by getting something, and missing it up trying to put it together or never being able to put it together at all.

Sorry if this post made anyone cringe

From
    Fairhaven, MA
    2 Days Ago  Dec 9, 2017, 4:30 PM - New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #238

Kbuckne4 said: View Post
    Hey guys, some of you may have seen me post on here before. Iíve been trying to gather as much info as I can over the past 3 years or so to start my own prop collection. I know this isnít the run thread for this, but how difficult do you anticipate these being to assemble? Iím limited on what tools I have access too, and my skill with them is even more limited. I understand that these will have to be painted, but what else will be required to put these together? Will any parts need to be modified to fit together, or should it just be mainly screwing things together? Will there be any extra drilling or sawing or milling involved?

I know a lot of you all have advanced technical skills and access to shops and tolls and things, which I think is awesome! I just feel intimidated by getting something, and missing it up trying to put it together or never being able to put it together at all.

Sorry if this post made anyone cringe

You stick around here and you will learn all the home made tricks!

I think basic Allen wrenchís are the only requirements. But I would wait for Starkiller to respond on what exactly is required

Either way, donít be scared. We are all here to help!
  14. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    From
    Knoxville, TN
    2 Days Ago  Dec 9, 2017, 4:31 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #239

halliwax said: View Post
    You stick around here and you will learn all the home made tricks!

I think basic Allen wrenchís are the only requirements. But I would wait for Starkiller to respond on what exactly is required

Either way, donít be cared. We are all here to help!
    Thank you!! The RPF community is the best!

From
    Portchester UK
    2 Days Ago  Dec 9, 2017, 4:33 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #240

This is why I love the rpf, just amazing
  16. RPF Premium Member Anakin Starkiller's Avatar
    From
    Rochester, NY
    1 Day Ago  Dec 9, 2017, 9:44 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #241

For a static build, you should only need an allen wrench
  17. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    From
    Knoxville, TN
    1 Day Ago  Dec 9, 2017, 10:18 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #242

For a static build, you should only need an allen wrench
    Thatís in my wheelhouse!

From
    Madison, WI
    1 Day Ago  Dec 9, 2017, 10:25 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #243

As long as the rod/bearing fit works better than the last run I’m completely in. I remember some had problems with the inner set for te bearing being domed and the rod ended up going in crooked.
  19. Member Since
    Aug 2012
    1 Day Ago  Dec 9, 2017, 11:03 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #244

Do you know if you plan to offer a fully painted/finished version of this run?
  20. RPF Premium Member Anakin Starkiller's Avatar
    From
    Rochester, NY
    1 Day Ago  Dec 9, 2017, 11:56 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #245

corliss1 said: View Post
    Do you know if you plan to offer a fully painted/finished version of this run?
    I will not. But there are many builders on this forum that can do that kind of work
  21. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    From
    Knoxville, TN
    1 Day Ago  Dec 10, 2017, 8:25 AM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #246

Is your run going to include a clamp and clamp card, or will I need to be hitting up Roman, Slothfurnace, and Roy separately?

22. RPF Premium Member Anakin Starkiller's Avatar
    From
    Rochester, NY
    1 Day Ago  Dec 10, 2017, 12:40 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #247

It will not include a clamp, clamp cart, or lever
    From
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    1 Day Ago  Dec 10, 2017, 1:36 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #248

Very excited over here. Thank you again everyone! The prototype is a great idea ,- did you say you were casting some parts yourself?
  24. RPF Premium Member Anakin Starkiller's Avatar
    From
    Rochester, NY
    1 Day Ago  Dec 10, 2017, 6:05 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #249

thd9791 said: View Post
    Very excited over here. Thank you again everyone! The prototype is a great idea ,- did you say you were casting some parts yourself?
    Wrong project. Everything on the v2 will be cnc machined.

My shared stunt saber (which is a different project altogether) will be cast, and yes, I'm going to do the castings myself
    From
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    1 Day Ago  Dec 10, 2017, 7:11 PM - Re: New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis #250

Wrong project. Everything on the v2 will be cnc machined.

My shared stunt saber (which is a different project altogether) will be cast, and yes, I'm going to do the castings myself
    Sorry, thanks! Props came from the same mold and since this launched near the slow down of that one I think I got confused.