Found these boots, what do people think?

jess the pirate

So i got commissioned a while back to make a full Dredd costume, and since then i've always kept my eye out for bits and bobs to improve it. I poured over the boots from the film for hooouurrrssss so when i found these in an army surplus stand at Download Festival last year, i thought they looked pretty damn close, so bought them. what do we think people? Are these the mysterious boots that the costume designers based the eventual design on?? Its the leather scuff guard on the bridge of the foot and the suede trim around the top that make me think it might be. Have a look and let me know what you think!

20171105_212958[1].jpg20171105_213016[1].jpg20171105_213025[1].jpg

I can honestly say they are a cracking base boot. As long as you can get you leg in them when wearing leathers they will look the part with toes, heels & shinsboots_knobby_sole.jpg
Anything additional like suede pucks or panel or even the cuff round the top can be added at will. Honestly the public wont notice & the Judges wont care if you go with out.

Its my mates leg in the pic, he's got some pretty meaty calves so it may be a bit of a tight squeeze in leathers! Saying that, I would probably rebuild the boot from the ankle up, putting the puck in and sewing in the suede wrap so the zip was hidden in the back and I can then add the strapping and shin guard. I cant believe it when I found them!

Nice find. Good base boot for modifying. They look like a tight fit. Is there a zipper in the back? Or opening? Or just pull them up and wiggle in?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back