Star Trek Discovery Phaser by Anovos

I am confused. You have attempted to justify your "$50 (all production costs)" estimate by linking a $70 jug of resin in a volume that might not be enough to produce even one set of parts.

In addition, the resin in your link is meant for investment casting of metal in plaster, not for mechanically strong and durable parts.
Lol. Yeah, no. The link was to show a huge difference in yours. Also, look up resin types before you comment. And if you think $70 is what a manufacturer would pay then whatever. And if you $70 is the cheapest youre wrong about that too.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

internet fight!!!! internet_argument.jpg

The question I would still like to see answered by the Anovos experts here is whatever happened to the TNG Movie line of Phasers that were announced in 2015. I was really looking forward to these but there has only been silence since then.

I don't know which one it was but one of the Trek Phaser lines was cancelled due to lack of sales

The question I would still like to see answered by the Anovos experts here is whatever happened to the TNG Movie line of Phasers that were announced in 2015. I was really looking forward to these but there has only been silence since then.

If i may add to this **** show of a thread (I've been reading it at work and gosh if it isn't entertaining). if you can afford this great, i kinda wanna see pictures/video. if you can't and have no other choice but to buy the Mcfarlane toys i kinda wanna see pictures/video (if not posting videos of pictures of my own). but this squabbling over whether or not you can afford the Anovos. i have had nothing but the 90's Playmates and Diamond Select. and i would love to own The Wand Company Phaser and Communicator. and i can't wait for the Mcfarlane Toys (Todd Mcfarlane is from my home town so i have extra appreciation for that phaser). But ******* stop with the bitching

"But what about ppl like me who are disabled and on a fixed budget"
Your talking to a person that got t-boned by a little old lady running an intersection and having a shattered neck. By that little old lady that had minimal insurance that bankrupted me with close to a million in medical bills. Lost everything and started over with a huge disability myself. You save up, find ways to make money (legally), sell off other things ( I did quite a bit on eBay to supplement my budget and hobbies) to prioritize what you want, anyone can if they have some source of income. It may take time and you may be limited, but there is usually a way to get something you really want like this within reason / cost.
The only word missing from the very end of what you said that should be added is SOMETIMES.
I do try to save here and there when possible, but even then by the time I save up enough things are LONG since sold out etc.

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

$500?? For $150/£120, The Wand Company sells a BEAUTIFUL, high-quality (metal and plastic), 3D-scanned accurate replica of the Original Series Phaser, that also happens to include lights, sounds, and rumble feature, and can ALSO work as a remote for your TV. Their Bluetooth Original Series Communicator is also fantastic.

Anovos clearly needs to be schooled by The Wand Company in how to make prop replicas for true fans, and not just to line their own pockets.
Apparently trip knows much more than us. It is you, me and everyone else that is wrong etc.

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

Before this thread went off the rails and got into debating who can afford the prop, I mentioned that it would be cool if the toy line would use the more innovative manufacturing techniques employed by other industries. Here is an example:
3 Quarters Profile.jpg3 Quarters.jpgBottom.jpgProfile.jpg
It's a WAHL 9876L Lithium-Ion Trimmer, You will note that there are no screws, the seams are almost invisible and it has a recharging port at the base. Also with the nose trimmer attachment it's a dead ringer for the Next generation Hand Phaser.

"Apparently trip knows much more than us. It is you, me and everyone else that is wrong etc."

I have been on this board since the lat 90's. I have watched members here go through the process of getting those licenses, and spoken to them as they have manufactured those props as well talked to the studios. I have a law degree with a thesis on intellectual property law specifically with Lucas Studios Star Wars licensing. A management degree and now work in an engineering firm. I have seen these processes, do the work now, so yes, I can tell you this is the reality of how this works.

For those who don't think $500 is justified or a rip off. Start your own company and go make your own and sell it for $400 or even less. With all the talk of these only costing a hundred bucks or so, you'd triple/quadruple your money in no time. People here shouldn't have to justify costs to you, the market will determine the value of these. You may be able to score these cheap on ebay or something later on if the value isn't justified

The show = meh
The phaser = :love
Avovos = literally shocked that anyone here would consider pre-ordering given their track record, doubly shocked they continue to score licenses

They've had the Star Wars license for quite a bit I believe. As far as their track record I have 6 of their helmets at my house so far.

I've had good luck with Anovos other than the extended wait time. The products Anovos offer are of a high quality and worth the cost for the most part. I love my Enterprise flight jacket!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back