Disney in talks to buy Fox studio assets..

I'd imagine the agreements on Hulu precluded fox from doing whatever they wanted unilaterally. It's own by multiple companies isn't it? If the majority holder could just do whatever they wanted, you'd think the rest would bail.

I'd imagine the agreements on Hulu precluded fox from doing whatever they wanted unilaterally. It's own by multiple companies isn't it? If the majority holder could just do whatever they wanted, you'd think the rest would bail.

if this went through Disney would own 60%.

What does this mean for the Marvel stuff? Fantastic Four in the MCU for example?

That is the running assumption, though I'm very curious about how the agreement with Constantin Films plays into it. It would also give Disney the X-men and Deadpool. Who knows how they would handle that.

I'm still worried they will recton all mutant related media, as they did to Andrew Garfield and his planned franchise which was totally abandoned and started off new. The tone of the latest mutant films and shows finally feels consistent (tone yes, continuity is still ehh). I hope they dont Guardians/Ragnarok the mutants

Fox had already screwed up the X-Men timeline anyway. Also since Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart arent likely to return to these films, I'd say they're at the perfect point to start over. I doubt they would mess with Deadpool, though.

Fox had already screwed up the X-Men timeline anyway. Also since Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart arent likely to return to these films, I'd say they're at the perfect point to start over. I doubt they would mess with Deadpool, though.

Deadpool has their own Colossus, they said Logan was a different timeline than pre/post DOFP, we can hope they stick with Deadpool's timeline since he's present day and the First Class characters are in the 80s going into 90s with Dark Phoenix. Sticking with Deadpool is the best bet, its closer to the MCU than any of the others. And recasting may work, if they choose wisely

I doubt it.

I'd doubt they keep 20th Century Fox around as a company. DIsney already has plenty of studio's to release movies under. They're after the content, not the name.

If this works out, will they put the Fox fanfare back at the beginning of the Star Wars movies?

It more likely means that future releases of Fox films will not have the Fox logo, just as Hitchcock's Paramount films now have the Universal logo. It's a practice I don't care for, these studios may now own the rights to these films but they didn't make them.

I for one totally think this deal is NOT going to happen.

Looking like I may have put my foot in my mouth on this one. I don't know.. I still have trouble seeing this actually happening. Seems for some reason just outside the realm of possibility but this is Disney we are talking about.

I am curious how this will affect other films and franchises like Deadpool, and the Alien series. I hope they don't put the kid gloves for the bloody stuff..

74B1084B-8DB9-4E14-A078-48178A628FCA.jpg

The Simpsons saw it coming.

Values Fox at 60B?? Wouldn't have guessed that much.

Marvel now has the X-Men and FF back
All Star Wars flicks under their roof.

Fox stock holders getting 25% of the new disney? (Their words)...hmmm

I have a good friend who’s a Disney but, he told me Monday this deal was going down today.

I didn’t believe it, didn’t think this was going to happen.

Holy cow... excuse my French but “s>%t just got real!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said it would never happen... but man...

I don't know that I like fewer and fewer megacorps-- but a unified Marvel Universe is insane to realize as a possibility.

Added plus, I don't give a crap about sports and I've always been conflcited over my hate of Fox's News Division, and supporting their entertainment side. Fox can be dead to me now!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back