Disney in talks to buy Fox studio assets..

I wonder if they will finish out the current Marvel MCU movies and then fire up the reboot machine to include all of the former Fox properties or if they'll phase them into the current MCU.

I've heard rumors that Kevin Feige was well informed of this deal happening and already has plans to start bringing certain characters into Avengers 4.

I keep reading reports that the sequel to Prometheus/Covenant has been shelved and this exactly mirrors my thought when I first learned about the Disney deal. I was all like "Well, RIP Aliens franchise" :( :(

I keep reading reports that the sequel to Prometheus/Covenant has been shelved and this exactly mirrors my thought when I first learned about the Disney deal. I was all like "Well, RIP Aliens franchise" :( :(

Well, to be fair, that's on Ridley. He messed those up. The ALIEN franchise isn't dead but it needs a new creative team.

Well, to be fair, that's on Ridley. He messed those up. The ALIEN franchise isn't dead but it needs a new creative team.

Yeah... for what was/is supposed to be prequels, they really went off the rails. The origin story in the Dark Horse comics series was better IMHO.

I'm surprised they didn't find a way to shoehorn Ripley into them somehow.

I'm surprised they didn't find a way to shoehorn Ripley into them somehow.

Well, she's not around yet. We still have one more theoretical movie to cover how the much-larger-than-an-Engineer Space Jockey gets a ship full of facehugger eggs and crashes on LV-426 enough years before the Nostromo toddles along to find him mummified/fossilized into his chair.

As for the MCU... We already had Skrulls confirmed in Infinity War. I'm apparently a little iffy on the particulars. I thought the entire race was part of the Fantastic Four rights package, not just Super-Skrull. Others say, no it's just Super-Skrull. I thought the word itself was out-of-bounds, hence going with the alternate "Chitauri" in Avengers. I'm hoping Galactus and Silver Surfer get worked into the big cosmic fight -- even in cameo, to be developed later.

Meanwhile, while Marvel has Peter Parker, I would love to see an Ultimate-FF-inspired take on their origin overlapping one of the forthcoming Spidey films, where Reed is another student at Peter's school, who disappears, and rumor is that he's been recruited into a secret government think-tank project called "The Baxter Building", which is odd because that building no longer exists -- it was torn down to build Stark Tower. And take things from there. It'd be a nice late-Phase-4/early-Phase-5 addition, I think.

As for the X-Men... This Marvel Earth (199999) seems to have not had mutants manifest the way they did on other Marvel Earths (616 -- the main comic universe, 1610 -- the Ultimate comics, etc.). We could have them start later, triggered by something recent to the MCU. We could have some escape between dimensions thanks to Infinity War or some future use of the Reality Stone, or Reed Richards' experiment-gone-wrong, or they could even have been here all along, and just were better at staying undetected until Something Happens™... There are a lot of options.

--Jonah

I want Peter to have been vaguely aware Reed existed.Awkward nerds tend to be good at spotting our own. But not interacting. And I recommend reading first few trade paperbacks for Ultimate FF before passing judgment. Having Reed cameo at Midtown in an earlier film is a nice way to soft-introduce the character when he was younger, before we get to his story in the MCU. It would also be a neat avenue to answer "what happened to Stark/Avengers Tower?" after Ultron and Tony relocating things Upstate.

What I don't want is the perpetually-mid-40s Reed we had in the comics for decades.

--Jonah

I'd still like to see a 1960's set FF period piece. They can disappear at the end, the Baxter building can be sold off and torn down for Stark Tower. Then the FF can show back up in the present day. I know they wont go that route, because you can only have so many heroes disappear and reappear without aging before it becomes cliche.

Doesn't georgie lucas still have shares in disney? if so, im sure his shares are probably worth even more than what he sold his company for after this deal.
Clever guy.

Doesn't georgie lucas still have shares in disney? if so, im sure his shares are probably worth even more than what he sold his company for after this deal.
Clever guy.

Interesting thought, if he owns 51% of Disney stock he'd still have control over the franchise.

Interesting thought, if he owns 51% of Disney stock he'd still have control over the franchise.

Um, Disney's market capitalization (total number of shares outstanding times the price per share) is $168B. So George would need to own about $86B in Disney shares to make that dog hunt. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Clever guy.

He does, not $4B though as I'm sure he received cash as well. And he gifted a lot of those shares away if I recall and will be using his own money to build his new museum in LA. Disney stock was around $50/share when he sold and are now around $112 so he's had nice appreciation on however much he retained. He should have sold the shares and bought Amazon stock and he could really have made money over that time. Or Bitcoin. ;)

Is it true bob iger is retiring as ceo? I saw rumors of this on YouTube but didn’t bother watching the videos.

My friend is a huge Disney nut and I asked him and he said he hasn’t heard anything like that

Is there any truth to him retiring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it true bob iger is retiring as ceo? I saw rumors of this on YouTube but didn’t bother watching the videos.

My friend is a huge Disney nut and I asked him and he said he hasn’t heard anything like that

Is there any truth to him retiring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His contract was extended to 2021, I believe.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back